Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Kudos to the guys at wakemakers.com I was considering a custom sac for my X2 for surfing, which would have been pretty expensive. After some conversations with them about this they recommended the gravity games center sac (1180#) because it would be close in weight and dimensions to what I needed but was hundreds less. Thanks guys!
Old 09-24-2017, 10:46 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2008 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacx2 View Post
Talked to wakemakers today. They said the rear tanks are 250# and kgb 400# for sure. They said on 2003 and older they were 150# and 250# respectively. Said they keep info on all the makes and models and the guy I talked to told me he has a Mastercraft also.
Tmacx2 appears to have the final statement on the stock ballast total. Anywhere from the 750 total to the 900 total seems reasonable for that era to me. Just bought my '08 X2 this summer and would like to know best I can what it is "supposed" to be. I thought it was 750 and my buddy was saying it was over 1000.

Fyi, wakeboardingmag.com review quotes it at only 550#, seems too low me though.
http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/blog/...boats-x-2-2008

Thanks for letting me bring up an old thread.