Go Back   TeamTalk > News & Information > Suggestions > Team Talk

Old 01-09-2014, 06:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X-2
Eye Candy!!!

This is up to the Administrators I suppose... But what about setting up a "Pictures Only" thread? We all love our boats and we love seeing pictures of other MC boats out there. Is it possible to set up a pictures only thread where no commentary can be left? The swimsuit thread was a great and fun idea but the amount of commentary outweighs the actual number of pics BY FAR! I thought guys were the VISUAL creatures while the females do the chit-chat-commentary thing. How bout it? Lets SEE more!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:47 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Ill bite!

looks like i jumped the gun. lol
Attached Images

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 01-09-2014, 06:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
Awesome idea
Old 01-09-2014, 06:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Honestly, there are so many picture threads that if you cannot find a place to post, we got problems. We've got topics for everything from babes to boats, sunsets to glass waters and MC Hull #1 to the 2014 X-Star, Random Pictures to Tapatalk Pictures. We need another photo thread like a hole in the head.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Honestly, there are so many picture threads that if you cannot find a place to post, we got problems. We've got topics for everything from babes to boats, sunsets to glass waters and MC Hull #1 to the 2014 X-Star, Random Pictures to Tapatalk Pictures. We need another photo thread like a hole in the head.
Sodar, no offense taken by your strong opinion. Everyone has one. I think you misunderstood what my suggestion was. Yes, a member can post pictures ANYWHERE on the TeamTalk forum as you've mentioned. I am suggesting a DEDICATED thread for pictures only where no commentary can be left. This isn't something a member can start. Admin would have to set it up so that it would only accept pictures and no commentary. As I've mentioned at the start of this thread, the swimsuit thread was a great idea...but for every picture posted there are 10 pages of commentary which, in my opninion, defeats the purpose.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 SANTE 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourmaster View Post
Sodar, no offense taken by your strong opinion. Everyone has one. I think you misunderstood what my suggestion was. Yes, a member can post pictures ANYWHERE on the TeamTalk forum as you've mentioned. I am suggesting a DEDICATED thread for pictures only where no commentary can be left. This isn't something a member can start. Admin would have to set it up so that it would only accept pictures and no commentary. As I've mentioned at the start of this thread, the swimsuit thread was a great idea...but for every picture posted there are 10 pages of commentary which, in my opninion, defeats the purpose.
I liked it when we had galleries. Especially when there was a little camera icon by our stats so you could see what boats people had etc. I think that would serve the function you're looking for plus could be searchable and categorized. I'd prefer that over a long thread especially when I'm looking for a specific part or feature on models by year.

those last few words could be read the wrong way
Old 01-09-2014, 10:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I liked it when we had galleries. Especially when there was a little camera icon by our stats so you could see what boats people had etc. I think that would serve the function you're looking for plus could be searchable and categorized. I'd prefer that over a long thread especially when I'm looking for a specific part or feature on models by year.

I was just going to suggest a gallery area . With my tunnel boats I am a member of scream and fly and it works well over there
Old 01-14-2014, 10:41 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

I don't know where the gallery went over the course of site updates. I do have some knowledge of a new update coming shortly but from the screenshots it does not look like any gallery is going to be a part of it. I'll see what can be done about it.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:26 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
I don't know where the gallery went over the course of site updates. I do have some knowledge of a new update coming shortly but from the screenshots it does not look like any gallery is going to be a part of it. I'll see what can be done about it.
Thanks Cameron.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourmaster View Post
I'm with sodar on this one. Plus, when you post a picture it requires typing... so the idea doesn't work. Lots of good pic threads out there, and the commentary is nice because it lets members ask things like where they got a decal, or what tower that is, or how does your sub enclosure sound.... stuff like that.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.