Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-19-2018, 08:11 PM
shotz__21 shotz__21 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Boat: none
Location: Midwest
Posts: 26
Moving to Colorado!

I am thinking of moving to Colorado at the end of the year. I will be graduating college with an engineering degree and would like some suggestions on what good places to live are in Colorado as I am looking there for a job.

I obviously plan on doing a great deal of boating, but I'm also into snowboarding. Are there any particular places in Colorado with a good combination of these two hobbies? Or maybe places that I should avoid? I figured this was a good forum to post on as you all are spread throughout the country.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-19-2018, 08:17 PM
jbmccul's Avatar
jbmccul jbmccul is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Boat: None Yet
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotz__21 View Post
I am thinking of moving to Colorado at the end of the year. I will be graduating college with an engineering degree and would like some suggestions on what good places to live are in Colorado as I am looking there for a job.

I obviously plan on doing a great deal of boating, but I'm also into snowboarding. Are there any particular places in Colorado with a good combination of these two hobbies? Or maybe places that I should avoid? I figured this was a good forum to post on as you all are spread throughout the country.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Find the job first.
__________________
Aric 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-19-2018, 08:19 PM
shotz__21 shotz__21 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Boat: none
Location: Midwest
Posts: 26
Yes, of course... i wouldn't move without one.
I'm looking for places to apply.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-19-2018, 08:23 PM
jbmccul's Avatar
jbmccul jbmccul is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Boat: None Yet
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotz__21 View Post
Yes, of course... i wouldn't move without one.
I'm looking for places to apply.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
I'd look more closely at the types of industries you want to work in and the type of job/career path/work-life balance you want and apply to those organizations within the state. There are only two large cities in the state (three if you count Fort Collins as a separate area). I wouldn't want to limit my geography too drastically if I were you.
__________________
Aric 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:13 PM
moosehead's Avatar
moosehead moosehead is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2015
Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Location: Mountain West
Posts: 2,690
Lake Granby, Headwaters of the Mighty Colorado River. Pic from last Saturday 9/15:



There might be good boarding nearby, so they say.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:27 PM
Skyskiguy Skyskiguy is online now
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: 2006 X30
Location: Utah
Posts: 819
Botanical Engineering by chance? Probably many “growing operations” and “greenhouses” in Colorado that could use a good Botanical Engineer!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:13 PM
neil.anderson63's Avatar
neil.anderson63 neil.anderson63 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: 2007 X2
Location: Somewhere on Tablerock
Posts: 2,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyskiguy View Post
Botanical Engineering by chance? Probably many “growing operations” and “greenhouses” in Colorado that could use a good Botanical Engineer!
Winner
__________________
Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:23 PM
bcd bcd is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Boat: 2014 X-2
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 1,331
Have you thought about Utah? Mountains are closer in salt lake than Denver. Traffic isn't as bad and I think living is cheaper. You just have to deal with some of the Mormon rules.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:28 PM
bcd bcd is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Boat: 2014 X-2
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 1,331
Plus lake Powell is only 4 hours away, I think.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:45 PM
shotz__21 shotz__21 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Boat: none
Location: Midwest
Posts: 26
Head waters of the Colorado would be cool!

I'm a mechanical actually.

My sister lived in Salt Lake City, which I visited many times. Neither of us were to thrilled about that city. However when I was down there, there was like 7 ski resorts within an hour drive, which was awesome.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


2018