Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-11-2009, 05:58 PM
dino dino is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2004, 350
Location: Southeast
Posts: 19
I have tried it all on my ballast if someone could tell me something

I have taken my boat into the dealer, they replaced the impellers and one pump. I got it back and still problems. It filled, which was an improvement, but now they won't empty. Has anyone ever had anything stuck in the lines or anywhere else. The check valves are not cracked. My batteries are new. Please, I just want to fill and then empty my tanks.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-11-2009, 06:17 PM
RWB_XSTAR's Avatar
RWB_XSTAR RWB_XSTAR is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Boat: 2004 XSTAR
Location: Southeast
Posts: 95
Sender unit for the fuel tank is a simple swap. Simply take the old one out and drop the new one in. I think it's only 6 or 8 bolts. Should take 5 to 10 min to do.

When I replaced mine it didn't work right away. I was told to fill the tank all the way full and that may help it register. Filled my tank and it's worked like a champ since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigorgohome View Post
good news....swapped in new batteries and bam! all 3 tanks are pumping water like champs! i guess the voltage was too low for the pumps to run properly, ill have to check out the sender unit issue as my gas gauge is off and on. Is the sender unit replacement pretty easy to do on your own?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-11-2009, 06:21 PM
RWB_XSTAR's Avatar
RWB_XSTAR RWB_XSTAR is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Boat: 2004 XSTAR
Location: Southeast
Posts: 95
All the tanks won't empty? Not sure what is going on there. My KGB wouldn't empty awhile back. Problem ended up being one of the relays being bad (I think they are 25amp). Anyway...they are in the rear locker, remove the black cover on the ballast box.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
I have taken my boat into the dealer, they replaced the impellers and one pump. I got it back and still problems. It filled, which was an improvement, but now they won't empty. Has anyone ever had anything stuck in the lines or anywhere else. The check valves are not cracked. My batteries are new. Please, I just want to fill and then empty my tanks.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Jerseydave's Avatar
Jerseydave Jerseydave is offline
TT Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1995 Prostar 190
Location: Jersey
Posts: 6,199
Ballast sending units can be calibrated easily. Fill all three ballast tanks, adjust the "full" calibration screw at the top of each tank. Now empty all the ballast tanks and adjust the "empty" calibration screw at the top of each tank. I've done this a few times but they still don't always read correctly. I just watch the water empty out until it's done.

This weekend I'm changing one of my impellers to the new green impeller. Hope it's an improvement over the black or yellow ones.
__________________
I was njskier on here.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:46 PM
fbroen's Avatar
fbroen fbroen is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Boat: None
Location: USA
Posts: 104
We run three green impellers and they are money. Pumps don't get stuck like with black ones, and do not siphen as with the yellow ones.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-30-2009, 11:27 PM
DJnGA's Avatar
DJnGA DJnGA is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Boat: mastercraft
Location: NW GA
Posts: 114
anyone know where the calibration screws are for the ballast tanks?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-20-2018, 12:02 PM
xstarstar xstarstar is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Boat: 2004 X-STAR, 6.0
Location: South
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJnGA View Post
anyone know where the calibration screws are for the ballast tanks?
I know this is an old thread but also would like to know how to calibrate the ballast gauges.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-21-2018, 07:46 AM
DBUSH36's Avatar
DBUSH36 DBUSH36 is online now
TT Regular
 
Join Date: May 2017
Boat: 2004 X-Star, MCX
Location: Midwest
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarstar View Post
I know this is an old thread but also would like to know how to calibrate the ballast gauges.


There were 2 brass colored set screws on the top of original sending units for our boat. I also have an 04 star. With tanks completely empty turn “empty set screw until The Gauge reads empty. By this I mean turn it until it reads above empty and back it down until it hits the empty line. Right is plus. Left is minus. Fill tanks and do the same process but for full. I have a just of mine a couple of times and this season when I adjusted the set screws all fell apart and wouldn’t turn. they actually kind of disintegrated due to corrosion I think. I ended up purchasing three new sending unit from Mastercraft parts depot and they are a re-designed unit with no set screws. they are also pre-calibrated!they were completely plug and play and my gauges are accurate. The reason our gauges fail so often is because the sending unit sale usually due to water intrusion at the set screws.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-21-2018, 09:29 AM
Wheelin98TJ Wheelin98TJ is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Boat: 2005 XStar
Location: Devils Lake
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUSH36 View Post
There were 2 brass colored set screws on the top of original sending units for our boat. I also have an 04 star. With tanks completely empty turn “empty set screw until The Gauge reads empty. By this I mean turn it until it reads above empty and back it down until it hits the empty line. Right is plus. Left is minus. Fill tanks and do the same process but for full. I have a just of mine a couple of times and this season when I adjusted the set screws all fell apart and wouldn’t turn. they actually kind of disintegrated due to corrosion I think. I ended up purchasing three new sending unit from Mastercraft parts depot and they are a re-designed unit with no set screws. they are also pre-calibrated!they were completely plug and play and my gauges are accurate. The reason our gauges fail so often is because the sending unit sale usually due to water intrusion at the set screws.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent, thanks for sharing this!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-21-2018, 10:58 AM
DBUSH36's Avatar
DBUSH36 DBUSH36 is online now
TT Regular
 
Join Date: May 2017
Boat: 2004 X-Star, MCX
Location: Midwest
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
Excellent, thanks for sharing this!


Forgot to stress you must start empty and adjust empty first then fill and adjust full range.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.


2018