Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2017, 06:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2 MCX
Lakeside living in AZ

Due to a degenerative spine disease of my wife, I see us moving to a warmer climate down the road which is better for her pain. Can anyone list the lakes in Arizona that have houses right on the lake with the potential of a dock?
Old 11-14-2017, 06:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 Prostar
A baller has to sell in the Phx area...

http://ballofspray.com/forum#/discus...izona-ski-lake
Old 11-14-2017, 08:06 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Wake Machine
Phoenix Area:

Unfortunately, the only lakes you can live on here are private ski lakes that are very small. (Crystal Point Estates and Playa Del Rey are the two I've been on) http://waterskiarizona.com/crystalpoint.php#top

There are much bigger lakes, but none have homes on them due to them being on national forest land, or some other restriction. Saguaro, Bartlett, Pleasant, Apache, Roosevelt, Canyon ...alot of people have a modified trailer home very close to the launch at Roosevelt and that's a popular option for those that enjoy living in seclusion, or for a weekend home. Otherwise, you can slip a houseboat at most of those lakes.

Good news, we boat all year...bad news, you have to trailer 20 mins to 2+ hours depending on your location, preferred body of water, etc.

I'm not sure if other areas (Havasu, Laughlin, Yuma, etc) would have the climate you're looking for, but you can on those bodies of water.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X-25
There aren't many choices.

There are 2-3 private ski lakes in Phoenix - a couple in the East Valley and one out westside. There are some riverfront homes in Parker in a place called Moovalya Keys. Those are the only true skiable waterfront properties I'm aware of in the entire state as most lakes are on public land.

The next best choice would be living as close as you can to Lake Pleasant in Peoria / New River, Bartlett Reservoir near Cave Creek, or near Canyon or Saguaro lakes outside Mesa. I'd guess the closest you could live to any of those lakes is 20 minutes, but I think all of those lakes do have both wet and dry docks for rent.

Unfortunately nearly all boating in Arizona is more of a half day activity... no walking out your back door for a quick set before breakfast.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Very affordable option, and trust me when I tell you - the place skis awesome...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8.../8687055_zpid/
Old 11-15-2017, 12:24 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Wake Machine
One other consideration is what the OP likes to do behind the boat. If I were a dedicated slalom skier, one of the private lakes would be great. For the rest of us, the public lakes are really the only option.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 NXT 22
If you have $2M sitting around, this one looks like a slice of heaven..https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1.../8174649_zpid/
2002 White and Yellow 209
Old 11-15-2017, 01:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
If youíre dead set on lake living, youíre not really going to find it anywhere in the Southwest. Iíve lived in AZ, NM and CO and there are precious few lakes with any residential development around them. Same goes for NV.
Iíd look future east for a lake lot.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 11-15-2017, 03:34 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 X Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
If youíre dead set on lake living, youíre not really going to find it anywhere in the Southwest. Iíve lived in AZ, NM and CO and there are precious few lakes with any residential development around them. Same goes for NV.
Iíd look future east for a lake lot.
So hard to imagine compared to my neck of the woods where there are lakes everywhere and they are surrounded by 3 story houses on 3,000 sq ft lots.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:25 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Achilles sg124
Might want to consider Austin,Texas