Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 08-23-2018, 10:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 PS 205-351w,285HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrlee View Post
We had a great time and really enjoyed The Point at Mariners Landing. Very nice place with great amenities. The only issue we had was the main boat ramp being too flat for most boats. My Tahoe's rear bumper was in the water before my swim platform was. It wasn't a big deal though as there was another ramp nearby. Actually met up with Jack (d2jp) and his wife and hung out for a little while. They gave us some pointers about the area and where to hang out. We did spend a little time at Bridgewater since the weather wasn't ideal. The kids really enjoyed that. Will def return sometime in the future for a longer stay. Its a beautiful clean lake with lots of great views but have to be aware of the shoal and navigational markings as its a huge lake and there are some shallow points. Thanks to d2jp for the hospitality.
Awesome meeting you and your wife and glad you enjoyed SML! We tried to get out Sunday and storms hit (again). Our friends dodged storms over to Mexico Viejo for early dinner while we stayed behind and skied a few sets. When you come back, send me a text and let me know. And/or if you want to return to Mariner's I can give a TeamTalk discount.
(Former) 1989 ProStar 190 Power Slot
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Old 09-25-2018, 10:31 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 PS 205-351w,285HO
Name:  sml.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  67.5 KB
This doesn't happen often but water is over the spillway level at Smith Mountain Lake dam. We dodged the worst of Hurricane Florence but the rain bands from that combined with what seems like nothing but rain all summer and big storms this weekend pushed it over the top. AEP controls the dam flow (along with the Army Corps) and had lowered the lake 4' in anticipation of Florence. Had they not done that the downstream flooding would have been very bad.
(Former) 1989 ProStar 190 Power Slot
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Old 09-27-2018, 07:26 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2016 MasterCraft X26
Wow, that is certainly high and I know the water level went up a couple of feet just over the storms last weekend. To the point my rip rap was almost covered and my floater was a good 6 inches over my dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk