Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-08-2018, 02:11 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1995 Prostar 190
Seadoo help needed

So long story short we have a Seadoo 3D standup we purchased with only 4 hours on it. It runs great for the first 5 minutes but then the check engine light flashes and then it loses power. Replaced plugs and crankshaft speed sensor as dealer suggested.....still same issue.
Iím looking for somebody thatís really good with these that I could talk to, so if you can put me in contact with a Seadoo expert out there Iíd greatly appreciate it.
Hoping I can solve this issue by speaking to someone over the phone/online. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2018, 09:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 X5
A huge complaint on the 3D is that the fuel pump is too large for the RFI 800 engine. SeaDoo used the same fuel pump as in the 951 engine and tends to put too much load on the 800. I have heard of people changing out the impeller to a high altitude one or a 10/16.

What engine do you have? The RFI or DI? If RFI, you can clean the carb too. Did you just make the purchase? I wonder how a decade old PWC only has 4 hours on it.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:21 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1995 Prostar 190
Not sure if itís DI but from what Iíve read the 04 is different than the 05 and itís injected but not DI.
I just discovered my exhaust pipe is rotten so maybe thatís my whole running issue. Got to fix that first anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk