Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 12-15-2017, 06:42 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Xstar, Malibu VLX, AXis A22 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post
Yes. The wake tower speakers project very well. With the premium sound system you will have various activity modes. These modes adjust how the DSP handles the system audio which will affect the sweet-spot distance for the rider, based on the activity type. These profiles were created on the water in a real-world scenario with MasterCraft/Klipsch/Bongiovi engineering teams. No other audio system on the market adjusts the sweet-spot to ensure the rider hears the music. Standard audio gear just projects the sound and sometimes the rider will be in the sweet-spot while other times he won't.

Your dealer can give you more information on the activity modes available within the premium system.
Many tks
Old 12-17-2017, 01:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Dealer
The stereos are unreal and completely blow away the JL systems. I have over 20 2018s in stock and NONE of them sounded right. I was sweating it big time. At the dealer meeting last week we had a morning dedicated to the Klipsch guys and had the opportunity to hear a properly set up X-23 next to a 2017 JL X-23 and 2018 JL G23. There is absolutely no comparison.

When I got back from the meeting, I got all of my boats in my showroom sounding the same. Anyone near Denver is welcome to come by my showroom and hear for themselves. I already contacted everyone that bought a 2018 so far this year and had them come down for a listen. We are all doing backflips. This is by far the most serious audio system that the marine industry has ever seen.

A huge thanks to Darrell @ Klipsch/ASA for all of your help!
Old 12-17-2017, 01:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
^Ahoy Alan, thanks for the post. What was the tweak to get them setup correctly? Can the customer do so, or is this entirely on MC/Klipsch to do so?

Cheers
Old 12-17-2017, 01:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft X-Star 50th Anniversary
This is promising! Stereo biggest concern I have with new boat
Old 12-17-2017, 02:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft XT22 2018 5500GDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post

3. Zone control is only available in the premium package through the touch screen dash panel.

Is there something in the works to allow those with only the advanced audio package to control zones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2017, 02:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Dealer
Easy fix, if it is the polarity issue. Otherwise it needs to go to the dealer.

Moosehead . Can you stop by next week? I would love to give you a demo.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
^Thanks A. I’m thinking we need to surf on Christmas given this weather.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 XStar that's trying to be a 40th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeG23 View Post
This is promising! Stereo biggest concern I have with new boat
No kidding, me as well......

1- I have heard a couple of the premium systems now in a X23, and a XT23. I was very underwhelmed. Clarity was good, but severely lacks depth, and bass is severely lacking. Also, screen inputs are pretty lethargic.

2- After having 4 boats with ASA hardware in them, I am not excited about having another. I had constant noise issues, interface issues, head unit issues, poor sound quality, and performance, etc.... I ended up ripping out every ASA component in 3 of those boats, and replacing all of it with better products.

After doing so, I didn't have touchscreen control of my stereo in my G23s anymore, but you wouldn't believe how great that JL studio elite system can sound with a proper head unit. Besides that, I preferred having an independent helm remote anyhow. The new JL IB 12s sound fantastic, compared to the IB 10s.

The only ASA products I have now, are in my pontoon. The whole system is one of ASA's cheaper lines, and it is terrible. But it is a super cheap pontoon with a super cheap stereo. I will swap it all out, but it's not a priority. My wakeboat is a different story, and I have my fingers crossed. But, I wouldn't be surprised if you guys end up seeing a "XStar stereo upgrade" thread before next summer. I will probably just start with swapping the subs for JL 12s, if I can find the space to do so. They would wake up the bass a bit, as long as the Klipsch amps are supplying enough juice to them. If the klipsch amp ratings are correct, they are plenty capable to power a pair of JL IB12s. This will involve further research though.

To the Klipsch rep- Not trying to come down hard on the product, but I have personally had terrible luck with everything ASA. Could just be bad luck.....

That said, it is a very good to see someone from Klipsch/ASA on here answering questions, and helping with tech service. A+ on that, and we are glad you are here to help.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:06 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrlee View Post
Is there something in the works to allow those with only the advanced audio package to control zones?
Hi Zrlee,

With the current configuration, zone control is not available for the advanced audio package. I'm not aware of any hardware add-ons or software changes to enable zone control coming through the product development team. I have passed the desire for this feature on to our PD team, but ultimately, this would need to be initiated by MasterCraft. I'm sure they're listening to dealer/customer feedback for feature requests.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 MasterCraft X23
Are all the software and polarity issues that most 2018 models, that have already been delivered, are experiencing being addressed at factory?

Last edited by wallnut21; 12-18-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Tags
bongiovi, dsp, klipsch, stereo