Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 03-24-2008, 08:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft X-Star 2008 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyboater
On an X-star the timers are located in the rear port side compartment. On the backside of the rear seat leanback. They have a cover over them.
Here's a pic of one:

We keep the 20min timers in stock.
I haven't decided if I am going to go with the 20 minute jabsco timers, or just hardwire them without the timers. What is the wiring layout for the four wires going into the top of the timer? There is a white, brown, yellow, and green for each set of timers. Here is a shot of the connections from the plug to the top of the timers. Just need to know what each wire is for. Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2008, 08:17 PM
MC Devotee

Having said that above, would this wiring layout work out for each pump or am I way off?
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X-Star
Send a message via MSN to Holman J.B.F
@ Aric,s 205V
no these are baby blocks from Jobe,i glued them togheter with some pvc pipe.I need some space for the 4 LPG bottles that are stored on top of the extra ballast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snork
Holman, interesting LPG setup on the LY6.
Are the injectors running into the block or into the aftermarket device?
The injectors running into the block right next to the gas(oline)injectors.
Set up runs great and revs a 100rpm more at w.o.t on lpg.Not that i need it but nice to know.holeshot is pretty much the same.
savings 0.90 euro per ltr.

i finished the ballast set up,..over ruling the timers is possible but with aproxx 2000 extra wieght and the 900 stock fill time would be aproxx 14 minutes.I have chosen to install 2 extra pumps and i hope it fills up faster.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
MC Devotee

Anyone know if these are the 6 or 20 minute timers? Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2008, 02:32 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: X-35
That matches exactly with the 20min timers we have. I don't have a 6min out of the boat too see whether or not it would be the same also. I'll have to check.
www.x-wake.com
Old 03-25-2008, 03:01 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyboater
That matches exactly with the 20min timers we have. I don't have a 6min out of the boat too see whether or not it would be the same also. I'll have to check.
Thanks! I go back and forth now. If those are indeed the 20 minute timers that may do it, but since I have it apart I can eliminate the timers all together. I know, these are the tough decisions I have to deal with every day.

Last edited by skeeler; 03-25-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X Star MCX
I would just eliminate them! I don't have them on my 06 and i never have a problem! I always watch my sacs empty, but I can because it comes out the side not the bottom! IMO poor design on the newer boats!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X2, MCX
It is hard to eliminate the timers because of the switch. You have to put 3 relays in as the scematic above or look at what the 2006 system uses as they already have the solution to your schematic above (I believe they have the same switch and have relays in the same place).

RRbooker,
How are the 2006s set up. Is it a toggle switch that goes to a box in the port storage and then to teh pumps, or do the wires go through the switch and straight to the pumps? Do you have the plug with the brown, yellow, green, and white wires (x3) that control the boxes. If so, the failsafe solution in my opinion would be to buy the 2006 relays and use them.

I talked to my dealer and he gave me the 20 minute timers at cost (roughly $50 each) since it should of had them anyway and they worked this weekend when I tried them.

Last edited by 1boarder; 03-25-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X Star MCX
I'm not sure about the wiring! I'm getting the boat out of storage this weekend, so i'll take a look when i get it to my shop!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:04 PM
MC Devotee

I have decided to eliminate the timers. After looking at it today, I feel pretty confident in wiring in the new relays.
FYI - Here is the layout for the pins going to the input of the Ballast Control Box.
Attached Images