Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2012, 11:04 PM
TT Regular

Boat: None
Doesn't sound like there is a good MC dealer in the Austin area. Looking at a few boats in that area and would like to hire a dealer to check the boat out for me since I live in Wisconsin. Any help on a different dealer or an independent/non-MC dealer would be appreciated.

Whisky
Old 05-18-2012, 11:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 Tournament Team #8/100 w/ Zero Flex Mini 2011 Black GMC Yukon XL 2011 Silver Chevy Silverado Z71 Canyon Lake, Lake Austin and Lak
TSR has been extremely helpful and has worked with me on deadlines. Great guys. I have always paid retail, though, so I try to do most things myself.

Speaking of a parts dept. that never returns a call, I have called the beloved BAWS twice bc of references here re decals: I gave up bc I never heard from them.
2005 Mastercraft Prostar 197 Tournament Team #8 of 100
Old 05-19-2012, 09:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: X-45 finally better then x-10
Holden let me make sure I'm not selling them short, tar picked up my boat from lake travis, took to there shop 60 miles away and worked on it and brought it back for a reasonable price. How ever part of my work order was the shaft log and gimbal bearing, on top of a few other things, but they forgot to do those 2 things. It was on the work order and when I went back to the receipt they didn't charge me for it. Left grease on the boat, they tightend my tower an left the carpet hanging there. The drive shaft fell off and bent my prop and rudder seeing how I was going full speed at the time, and they did warranty the repair but not the damage the repair failure cost. Sorry I left all this out I didn't want to flame them.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 197TT #58
I am from Il. And I purchased my 2010 197TT from Texas MasterCraft. Jimmy and Todd took great care of me. I just want to warn you it is all long drive home!

RadarDad
Old 05-19-2012, 10:36 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Searching
My boat came from Texas MasterCraft.

They have always taken great care of me, my boat and everyone I know that does business with them.

I have no complaints about them at all.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:39 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1996 PS 190 LT-1/Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdenh2o View Post
TSR has been extremely helpful and has worked with me on deadlines. Great guys. I have always paid retail, though, so I try to do most things myself.

Speaking of a parts dept. that never returns a call, I have called the beloved BAWS twice bc of references here re decals: I gave up bc I never heard from them.
Not going to start a he said she said arguement here. EVERY SINGLE call is returned here by me for decals...everyone. I am sorry I do not recall which one it was one. Currently I have 4-5 decal orders waiting to ship...My PM box gets em..,my email gets em...maybe you where not
avail at the time. I do not know how many decal orders I price out from X80 graphics to 209 graphics to old stars and stripes....there are a vast amount of folks on here who have purchased decals...my email is [email protected] or 813 996 2297.

I am sorry if you fell you have been shorted in someway...I return all calls. It maynot be in 15 minutes after you call...but they ALL GET RETURNED!!!

[email protected]

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
(813) 996-BAWS (2297)
Old 05-19-2012, 03:17 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 07 X2, again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Not going to start a he said she said arguement here. EVERY SINGLE call is returned here by me for decals...everyone. I am sorry I do not recall which one it was one. Currently I have 4-5 decal orders waiting to ship...My PM box gets em..,my email gets em...maybe you where not
avail at the time. I do not know how many decal orders I price out from X80 graphics to 209 graphics to old stars and stripes....there are a vast amount of folks on here who have purchased decals...my email is [email protected] or 813 996 2297.

I am sorry if you fell you have been shorted in someway...I return all calls. It maynot be in 15 minutes after you call...but they ALL GET RETURNED!!!

[email protected]
I'll vouch for that!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X-1, 2007
Here's my experience with Texas Mastercraft. We bought our '07 X1 in January '11 from a private seller. Stopped the TM on a Saturday in April and inquired about some parts cost, etc... Parts dept. was closed so I left my boat information, phone and e-mail and was told the parts dept. would call me. Never called me.

Fast forward to fall of '12, stopped by TM open house had a good conversation with Jimmy. Seemed like a really nice guy. We inquired about tower braces, because I had heard some people got them free. Jimmy said, "It's hit or miss" (Whether we get free ones or not). We gave him our VIN and they checked on it for us. They said Mastercraft won't give them to us free, but the dealer will give them to us at the employee price $350, down from $500. We also inquired about 4 pop-up cleats. (You can search the past threads I have one about this last December)

I thought it was strange he said it was "hit or miss". So we called BAWS, gave them our VIN and they got us a set of FREE tower braces. We also bought the 4 pop-up cleats from BAWS.

Long story short when we need parts we'll be ordering from BAWS or SkiDIM. SkiDIM was always very helpful when I had my older Supra. It seems like TM doesn't see us as customer that's going to buy a $120K boat so they didn't seem to worried about our business.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:50 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: X-45 finally better then x-10
Nicely put x-1 that how I feel about boat town and tsr every one who has a good experience bought a new or newer boat from the or have has a new or beer boat serviced by them. Don't care much for an 01 x-10.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 Tournament Team #8/100 w/ Zero Flex Mini 2011 Black GMC Yukon XL 2011 Silver Chevy Silverado Z71 Canyon Lake, Lake Austin and Lak
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

[email protected]
Jim,

I appreciate your response. I don't feel shorted. Posted my experience. Contrary to what you say about returning all phone calls, it just not happen in this case - twice. Again, not bitter, just passing on my experience in a thread about experiences with service depts. I have owned a business; I understand reviews; I understand you can't please all all the time. Nothing more. Nothing less.
2005 Mastercraft Prostar 197 Tournament Team #8 of 100