Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
Using MasterCraft Cruise

Is there any way to get the MasterCraft cruise to engage at low speed. I always have to go really fast before it catches. What are you wake surfers doing so that it doesn't kill you at the beginning?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:52 AM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm2083 View Post
Is there any way to get the MasterCraft cruise to engage at low speed. I always have to go really fast before it catches. What are you wake surfers doing so that it doesn't kill you at the beginning?
I gave up on the MC cruise for wake surfing. I ended up installing a PP Stargazer wakeboard edition.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X-1, 2007
I use my cruise for wakesurfing all the time, works awesome. Don't know what we would do without it. We set it at about 9.8-10.6 mph depending on weight and which side we're surfing on. Then we just ease the the throttle on when ready and it goes up to about 11 mph and then settles back down. You basically start just like you would always start when pulling a wakesurfer, as if you didn't have any speed control.

Last year I went out surfing behind a friend's new Malibu Wakesetter 247 LSV and he would throw the throttle forward like it was a slalom start. He started to figure it out after he ripped his 12 year old son off the board a couple times.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
Works perfect on mine, acually for the kids i need to start slow!!! Still was not able to find the manual for it, so if anybody can help on this matter!!!!! I have the small one that came on the x2 2012
Old 05-01-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-1Texas View Post
I use my cruise for wakesurfing all the time, works awesome. Don't know what we would do without it. We set it at about 9.8-10.6 mph depending on weight and which side we're surfing on. Then we just ease the the throttle on when ready and it goes up to about 11 mph and then settles back down. You basically start just like you would always start when pulling a wakesurfer, as if you didn't have any speed control.

Last year I went out surfing behind a friend's new Malibu Wakesetter 247 LSV and he would throw the throttle forward like it was a slalom start. He started to figure it out after he ripped his 12 year old son off the board a couple times.

That's the one big difference between MC cruise and PP.

With PP you just set the speed and slam the throttle down and it takes off, beeps one time and takes control. Once you set the KDW it wont over shoot the speed.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X1 2006 310HP
I use the RPM mode and it picks up no problem. For an X1 with 1700lbs the wave is perfect at 2440 RPM
Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X-15 w/MCX
Correct.. for super low speeds- RPM is the only way mine works.. it's a 2006, so don't know if different years are easier or harder, but RPM in manual mode works awesome.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuSX View Post
Correct.. for super low speeds- RPM is the only way mine works.. it's a 2006, so don't know if different years are easier or harder, but RPM in manual mode works awesome.
Yeah, on my 06, RPM was the only way to use it for surfing. Once I drove a bud's naughty girl with PP in it I came home and order a star gazer. It's the heat!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-1Texas View Post
This is exactly the same for us - works perfectly for everything from surfing to skiing for us in speed mode. I have never even tried RPM mode. A nice really slow start up to 11 mph and it takes us back to around 10 +/- 0.2 or so.

2013 X-25
Old 05-01-2012, 11:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
So if I were to just set it say at 2400 rpm I should be able to go slightly over an it will catch as long as I accelerate slowly? I'll try this next time, maybe I'm too impatient but it seems like I have to go way over for it to catch.