Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 06-29-2013, 12:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC 2002 X30
When I was on a dock I used Ortho bug spray and sprayed the dock, the same would work for spraying around your trailer. You can spray the stuff in your house so spraying some on your trailer would not hurt anything.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:17 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
ants suck. My driveway has a massive tree over it that touches the bimini/tower. Ants would crawl down the tower and invade. The best thing I found was to spray down the cover and wipe down the top deck with ant killer. It never seemed to harm the gel. If they are coming from below wipe down the trailer with it. The bottle I used said 3 months but I just resprayed it around the edges every 2 weeks or so. May get an ant or 2 but they don't seem to like the area now.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 ProStar 190
I had large black carpenter ants when I lived in NE. Tons of pine trees around my driveway, and when I opened the boat in the spring (had a bass boat then), there would be hundreds in the keel, apparently they came in through the drain plug that I left out all winter. I started spraying the inside of the keel and making sure the plus was always in. Man, the first year, I hadn't noticed them, lifted the cover on the plug when out on the water, and saw a bunch all climbing around the inside, with nothing I could do way out on the lake. Not fun...so you are not alone! Not a problem where I am now, though...

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."