Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 03-01-2018, 11:50 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC X25 2012
Convert 2011 X55 Trailer to work with 2012 X25

I bought a 2012 X25 in another state that doesn't have a trailer. I found a 2011 X55 trailer for almost nothing that had a bent tongue and a couple other problems that I fixed. Everything else on the trailer was in great shape.

Does anyone know how much adjustment I will need to make on the bunk placement to get it to fit the X25? How different are the hulls besides the length?

Unfortunately I don't have access to the X25 to take measurements until I drive several states away to pickup it up. I need to modify the trailer before I leave. I'm a capable fabricator and good with engineering so I know I can make the modifications, but I'm in a bit of bind since I don't have the measurements. There are no X25s for sale in my area and I don't know anyone who has one. Anyone able to help? Anyone in Northern Utah (Wasatch Front) area have an X25 they would let me come take some measurements from?

I've thought about making all the bunks adjustable so I can quickly change them when I get there, but that may be more work than is needed.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:05 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
The X55 is 3 feet longer than the X25. Probably more work than it would be worth. As far as making the trailer compatible, they’re similar in the way of the deep V, but I’m not sure about the proportions of the differences

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released eventually

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- For Sale