Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 04-24-2014, 04:43 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Thanks guys for the complements.

I almost wanted to break my arm patting myself on the back after that pic from waterskibum.

Now we need pics of the switch panel.

Bum, I was really wanting to see the red on black helm. I've seem all of the other colors and I'm really glad you chose red. Thank you for posting up the pics.
Great work Kyle

COSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $325 DELIVERED
REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $495 DELIVERED
Email - [email protected]
Old 04-25-2014, 02:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 S&S 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Thanks guys for the complements.

I almost wanted to break my arm patting myself on the back after that pic from waterskibum.

Now we need pics of the switch panel.

Bum, I was really wanting to see the red on black helm. I've seem all of the other colors and I'm really glad you chose red. Thank you for posting up the pics.
Trying to get the switch panel done this weekend. Will post up when done!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:54 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1994 Prostar 205
Ordering Cup Holder for '94 Prostar 205

Hi Kyle,

Just completed full restoration and I'm interested in ordering one of your custom cup holders.

Dave

Photo attached
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2014, 07:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 30th Anninversary 190
Cup holder for a 98

I just finished getting my interior done on my 98 anniversary edition and would like to get one of these cup holders. Are you still taking orders? I would like one with the cups and the lights.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2014, 08:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by robisjo View Post
I just finished getting my interior done on my 98 anniversary edition and would like to get one of these cup holders. Are you still taking orders? I would like one with the cups and the lights.
I like your patriotic interior. Very nice.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2014, 03:26 AM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft, X2, 2004, MCX
HGI has put NCAA Football Team like The Oregon Ducks Gear front and center. http://www.hydrographicsinc.com/wate...-printing.html http://www.hydrographicsinc.com/gall...bum/view/id/70
Old 05-10-2014, 10:40 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Alright guys, I've got news.

My regular job has made it very difficult to keep up with the demand of making these cup holders. I plan on calling every customer that has spoken with me on the phone so this is for the hand full who have pm me or is thinking about purchasing.

I have both of the old school late 80's to '92 and the '93-99 ish factory cup holders. I also have my templates of what I have recreated. What I've done was go by a vacuum molding company and a injection molding company. I really need a way to crank these out faster than 10 labor hours each part making them by hand.

Injection molding was like $50,000 for each hold. After hearing that I picked up my cup holders and walked out with no wind in my sails.

I then go to a plastic molding company. Now we are still looking around at several $2k-3k ish for each mold but I'm considering the option. These will be exactly like factory pieces. I plan on doing the hydrographics still and making them very nice.

Here is what I need. Opinions on what shape Cupholder is preferred (original shape or the more flat and simple shape like what I am hand building). I also need a head count of how many people are a serious buyer. The cup holders will more than likely be $300 each (I haven't got a finalized quote yet so don't hold my feet to the fire yet). For that price you will get a cup holder and a hydro dip. If you want led cups with lights or stainless cups or any accessory that is not part of the cup holder then extra costs obviously are involved.

So I need to know how many and what style (my style or factory replica). If people like the factory style then these will be exact clones pressed out by a vacuum molding machine that is professionally done.

I will also have CNC machined dash kits for '91 190's

I'm looking into other year models for dash pieces as well.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 05-19-2014, 04:59 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1993 Prostar 190
I would like to purchase a cup holder for my 93 Prostar 190. I think the ones you have been making are much nicer than the original stock. How would I go about purchasing a cup holder from you? Thanks,

John
Old 06-05-2014, 02:09 PM
MC Maniac

Bumping the thread.

I know I have interest in the cup holders but I need a group of people to get a mold made from the factory pieces. The mold cost is close to $2000 and I'm not wanting to pay for it and sit around and wait for years to be reimbursed. I currently have 89-92 cup holders and 93-99ish cup holders ready to go as soon as I can get enough people to help pay for the mold and material.

I also have 92-94 dash kits available.

Here is the deal. It is $2000 for each mold. I can't afford to drop $6000 in molds for hope that they pay for themselves. If we want to get a few guys to help offset the cost then I'm more than willing to do all of the leg work with the company and get the pieces made. I have a good idea on cost but the more we can get the lower the cost. I'm not looking to profit from this. I just can't keep up with 1 here 2-3 there orders. It takes me 10 hours to build one cup holder and I do have a life outside of my job and building boat parts.

What I want is a list of buyers and what year your boat is. I'm going to go on a limb and guess that for the price per unit will be $350-$400. This is for a brand new plastic molded piece, it will be hydrocoated and you can choose the pattern and color of your piece.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 06-05-2014, 02:18 PM
MC Maniac

I will be checking the thread daily. Let's let the thread go 2 weeks or so and add up the numbers. I'm thinking if we had 10-15 units per mold then we would break even and stay around the same price as it would be if I built it by hand.

Like I said. I'm not looking to get rich and if we had 10 units to go out then I am currently not even covering any of my expenses to get this project off of the ground.

Quote:
Quote: