Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-08-2017, 01:17 PM
03 35th Anniversary's Avatar
03 35th Anniversary 03 35th Anniversary is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Boat: Searching
Location: Midlothian, Tx.
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
I lived on the approach to Dallas-Love this past summer and even though (almost) all of the planes were the same, I'd still look up every time I heard one fly overhead.
My ole lady loves to stay at the DFW Terminal D Grand Hyatt in a room that overlooks the runway so she can track planes. Mainly the Wide Body international flights.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-08-2017, 01:21 PM
76S&S's Avatar
76S&S 76S&S is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Boat: 2002 X Star
Location: Lake Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 2,362
I have a 21 year old that got his commercial last month and is currently working on his CFI license. He has multiple job offers as soon as he completes his CFI. Proud of this young man; as soon as he made his mind up that this is what he wanted to do, he has never looked back.

For anyone wondering, it's expensive as hell to put a youngster through flight school!
__________________
Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-08-2017, 01:29 PM
DCG2004 DCG2004 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Boat: 2004 Mastercraft Maristar 230
Location: Midwest
Posts: 12
I'm lucky enough to be a partner in this 2010 Piper Meridian. If I can't be in my Maristar, this is the other place I'd rather be!

Name:  20160930_170820.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  97.2 KB
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Maristar210's Avatar
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: paddle
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76S&S View Post
I have a 21 year old that got his commercial last month and is currently working on his CFI license. He has multiple job offers as soon as he completes his CFI. Proud of this young man; as soon as he made his mind up that this is what he wanted to do, he has never looked back.

For anyone wondering, it's expensive as hell to put a youngster through flight school!
Damn right it is. Whoaaaa!!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-08-2017, 01:43 PM
jstewart319's Avatar
jstewart319 jstewart319 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Boat: Use to own Mastercraft X-25 2010 MCX
Location: An Island
Posts: 146
While in the Air Force I worked on the U-2. But while deployed to Saudi Arabia I worked on others. Enjoyed my time in the military, and working on the U-2. A pilot took some cool photos for me at 70,000 ft I'll have to find them. One really cool seflie (before they were called selfies) that you see the curvature of the earth in his helmet.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-08-2017, 02:36 PM
jbmccul's Avatar
jbmccul jbmccul is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Boat: None Yet
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 35th Anniversary View Post
My ole lady loves to stay at the DFW Terminal D Grand Hyatt in a room that overlooks the runway so she can track planes. Mainly the Wide Body international flights.
Well I'll be flying out of DFW in two weeks to head to Italy, I'll be leaving on a CRJ-900 though
__________________
Lone Star MasterBash 2018
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-08-2017, 02:48 PM
2RLAKE's Avatar
2RLAKE 2RLAKE is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Location: Cincinnati OH & Lake Norris TN
Posts: 5,280
I'll have to add some on here

I had dinner last night with Captain Dave "Mongo" Koss ... former Commander of Blue Angles ... incredible guy

Here is the delivery ceremony of the first A320NEO to AirAsia last September ... they had a special livery on this aircraft as well as a special tail number 9M-NEO
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-08-2017, 03:10 PM
2RLAKE's Avatar
2RLAKE 2RLAKE is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Location: Cincinnati OH & Lake Norris TN
Posts: 5,280
Emirates 777-300ER from last year
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-08-2017, 03:12 PM
2RLAKE's Avatar
2RLAKE 2RLAKE is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Location: Cincinnati OH & Lake Norris TN
Posts: 5,280
Here are two interesting one .. JAL 777-300ER in flight and at landing roll .. noticed the wing loading which is about 6' at the wing tip
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-08-2017, 03:20 PM
jbmccul's Avatar
jbmccul jbmccul is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Boat: None Yet
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RLAKE View Post
I'll have to add some on here

I had dinner last night with Captain Dave "Mongo" Koss ... former Commander of Blue Angles ... incredible guy

Here is the delivery ceremony of the first A320NEO to AirAsia last September ... they had a special livery on this aircraft as well as a special tail number 9M-NEO
Very cool! And I'm always amazed at how flexible the wings are now
__________________
Lone Star MasterBash 2018
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 AM.


2018