Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-21-2018, 05:07 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Also, for the love of God, don't pull the amateur move of standing up immediately as soon as the plane hits the jet-way. I always laugh at the idiots that stand up right away and are stuck in an uncomfortable neck jarring position for the next 10-15 minutes while everyone else in front of them gets off the plane.

Sit in your seat comfortably, wait your turn, and hop right off when the row in front of you is done deplaning. You'll look like you've been traveling for years.

This explains this perfectly: https://splinternews.com/how-to-exit...iot-1796716310

And for those of you on this board reading this who are those people who immediately jump up when the plane stops, now you know not to do this anymore.

That's bull ****. I stand up to stretch my legs. Simple as that. I have enough trips under my belt to know I'm not getting off the plane any earlier. In fact, when my turn comes, I'm already standing and have my bag in hand and ready to go which helps the unloading process. My standing up also allows the poor sucker sitting in the middle seat to spread out and get his stuff together so he can disembark quicker too. Meanwhile, I guess you and Mr. Splinternews can remain sitting with grins on your faces because you're smarter than us.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 02-21-2018, 05:17 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
It’s more of the people that stand in the isle. Like when I have to get my bag from an overhead storage behind me, and some idiots are standing in the isle and I have to wait. If you want
To stand in the place of your seat, that’s fine. But don’t stand in the damn isle lol

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 02-21-2018, 05:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Hey guys, I got my tickets thanks to your help. No need to start the mud slinging!
We all know that it's been a long winter.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:04 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
I guess the idiots who put their bags in the overhead bin behind them just have to deal with the idiots who stand in the aisle. lol

No mud-slinging here. Just some good-natured (I hope) trash talking. I'd be happy to hand Aric's bag up the aisle to him from my standing position.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 02-21-2018, 06:10 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
I guess the idiots who put their bags in the overhead bin behind them just have to deal with the idiots who stand in the aisle. lol

No mud-slinging here. Just some good-natured (I hope) trash talking. I'd be happy to hand Aric's bag up the aisle to him from my standing position.
You would be my hero. When I stand there pointing, people look through me like a ghost lol

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 02-21-2018, 07:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
How about the people that walk in front of you at the baggage claim and stand right next to the carousel so no one else can see. If everyone would just stand back 5-10', then everyone could see. When you see your bag, then walk up and grab it.

We're getting way off topic now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2018, 09:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Searching
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
How about the people that walk in front of you at the baggage claim and stand right next to the carousel so no one else can see. If everyone would just stand back 5-10', then everyone could see. When you see your bag, then walk up and grab it.

We're getting way off topic now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The closer you stand to the baggage carousels the fast your luggage will come out!

Itís rookie flyer 101!
Old 02-21-2018, 09:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStar190Fan View Post
From someone who has the acquired the ability to perfectly time what time I leave my house to being at the gate when the flight is boarding at O'Hare. With a stop at the United Club for coffee first.

A few tips I can share with you:
-Always book flights early on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (They are the cheapest, airlines manipulate prices on the hour.)
-First flights out of the airport are the key, if you are cancelled/delayed there is at least a better chance of getting another flight the same day.
-Basic economy is worthless, I can't even book it as a corporate traveler as my company knows it'll end up costing more.
-Always book through the airline
-If you are checking a bag/bags, 2 50lb suitcases are less expensive than 1 100lb suitcase.
-If you do plan to travel through a major airport at least once a year, get TSA pre-check ($85/5 years per person, well worth it and some credit cards cover it)

For fellow team talk members who fly often, flyertalk is my go to resource.

-Tom
Got any united club passes flying out from ord next month
Old 02-23-2018, 11:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Looking for a PS190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenmile View Post
Thatís funny how our experiences differ. Iím assuming ORD is your home airport? I canít make a 1hr layover there to save my life. Almost missed a flight last week with a 3 hour layover. DEN is mine and even connecting there itís generally within airline so not transferring terminals and I donít find it that onerous.

However, agree MIA, LAX and Sewark suck. LAX always causes me to scratch my head given itís an airport so many international travelers hit for the first time. I can only imagine their thoughts as they walk through the dimly lit tunnels by customs... ďthis is America?!?Ē
ORD has always been my home airport, I also completely understand how people get can get lost and annoyed there if they are flying out of smaller airports consistently. It's a pretty easy airport to navigate with local knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
ATL is almost like my home away from home. Almost every flight I take out of our little airport goes through ATL. I used to hate the place, but I've learned to like it. I shoot for at least 1 1/2 hours. 1 hour is tight. 2 or more hours and I'm heading to the Int'l Terminal to relax or to one of the halfway decent restaurants they now have.

Hate MIA (the airport, not the city). The place is like a third world country...
Third world country pretty much sums MIA up, if you're an AA flier you're going to be connecting through almost all the time. I typically route myself through IAD or IAH inbound; its a longer flight, but that means more miles and more time to catch up on busy work without my phone ringing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
Got any united club passes flying out from ord next month
I don't have the passes, I have an annual membership and always enjoy hosting and networking.

My travel schedule is never planned out. I fly out and fix software, which typically means I'm heading off with a few days notice, but I can generally make it a day trip with no overnight stay.

-Tom

1988 ProStar 190 red/gray
-Ford 351
-OJ 13x11 prop
-Kenwood Stereo

Need a manual go here http://www.mastercraft.com/knowledge/owners_manuals/
Old 04-24-2018, 10:35 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Also, for the love of God, don't pull the amateur move of standing up immediately as soon as the plane hits the jet-way. I always laugh at the idiots that stand up right away and are stuck in an uncomfortable neck jarring position for the next 10-15 minutes while everyone else in front of them gets off the plane.

Sit in your seat comfortably, wait your turn, and hop right off when the row in front of you is done deplaning. You'll look like you've been traveling for years.

This explains this perfectly: https://splinternews.com/how-to-exit...iot-1796716310

And for those of you on this board reading this who are those people who immediately jump up when the plane stops, now you know not to do this anymore.

After our flight experience, I have to agree 100% with this statement. IMO, the unloading process is quicker and less of a mess if everyone just keeps their seats and waits for the passengers in front of them to get their bags and walk forward. Our flight to Denver was just over 3 hours, so waiting another 3 minutes wasn't a big deal. There were only a few passengers who grabbed their bags and started to wiggle their way up the isle....causing things to slow down for the rest of us. I also donít understand why people crowd around and block the boarding area when boarding starts? The plane is being loaded by group number, so why not stand back out of the way until your group is called? The plane isn't going to leave without you.

Overall, it went very well. I wonít book one hour layovers anymore because we got to two of the connecting flights within less than 10 minutes of the boarding times. Also, my wife wasnít too happy about sitting next the engine after the recent engine failure on the Southwest flight.
Attached Images