Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 07-13-2018, 09:45 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 X Star LY6
Definitely worth the upgrade. Everyone here loves it, shark fin on blue, warm, but never hot, tested both in GA (Burton) and SC (Murray).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2018, 03:10 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC 2006 X-30, MCX 5.7L
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkvaale View Post
Reporting with some feedback after owning for a month. This floor is great, does get warm, but not too hot, and not even close to as warm as the vinyl seats. Stains are really easy to clean up, we have kids and a decent amount of things get spilled. Three simple steps to try, first just try warm water with a soft brissel brush. If that doesn't get it out, try adding a small dab of dish soap to the water. And lastly, they recommend CitraSolv degreaser. Haven't had to use it yet as dish soap has gotten everything out up to this point (coffee, twisted tea, beer, mushed up strawberries from the kids). When I clean it as a whole, I found the best way to begin is wait for it to dry and just sweeping it works great and then vacuum up the pile. We now keep a shop vac and broom on our boat at all times. The ultimate test, within the first ten minutes of our dog's first surf sesh, she took a **** right in the middle of the largest piece of the floor. Came right out with a little dab of dish soap and a soft brush. We love this upgrade from our old carpet, when I look at old pictures with carpet, I think to myself, "why didn't we do this sooner?" Everyone that we share docks with at our campground is jealous and beginning to order it for themselves. Would absolutely recommend to anyone!

Same here. Lots of kids and snacks. Cleans up easy. We had 8 kids the other day. All 9 and under. I also have lots of vendors and customers I take out and they all think the boat is 1-3yrs old. I just roll with it. Yup a 2015 X30. Lol plus 9yrs.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:17 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, XStar, 2004, 8.1L
how much prep did this take? I have been thinking about doing this on ours. There is a diamond type pattern in the gel coat under neat the carpet to give some grip, does that need to be sanded down?
Old 07-27-2018, 07:00 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft 197 Pro Tournament Team
Send a message via Yahoo to Fullpass
Order from who? How much? Do you just tell them which boat model you have? Due you glue it with what? Snap version? Can you just direct me to a site? Maybe I could answer my own questions...lol
Old 07-27-2018, 04:20 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 X Star LY6
You can install the gator step directly on the non-slip fiberglass. (Diamond pattern on floor) that is what I did. Do make sure to clean the flooring thoroughly there are some instructions about what kinds of soaps to use when cleaning. Just make sure all loose dirt and oily grime is gone and you should be good. Youíll want to lay out the pad for a few hours to let the curl settle before install (shipped rolled up in a box). Otherwise itíll try to roll up a bit. Biggest thing is just to go slow working your way from the center out. Itís just like a big sticker, you want to line it up first then slowly take the backing off and stick it down. Thereís plenty of other threads that cover the whole process start to finish with progress pics.