Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 06-10-2018, 09:45 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft X45
GatorStep Transformation

Just installed GatorStep on our 2008 X45 and absolutely love it! Takes our boat to another level and makes it look new again (to us). Install was very simple with 2 of us. As long as you prep it properly, I don't ever see this thing coming up. Would recommend to anyone looking for an upgrade over carpet. Here's some before and afters. This was right after a surf sesh so it's a little wet but dries really quickly! Our swivel seat was installed recently as an upgrade over our sliding seat so still need to custom order a small piece under there to match the diamond under the steering wheel. It looks great throughout, but it's really a difference maker in the spots where we had nothing (bow and transom walk)
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2018, 11:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 Mastercraft X10
Looks good. How does it feel on your feet? Does it get hot? Is it rough? Does it feel hard or does it have any "squishiness"?
Old 06-10-2018, 11:44 PM
TT Newbie

Feels great on your feet, not too hard or squishy, a little give but pretty firm. Not rough, has very good non slip texture. It was cloudy all weekend and never got above 80 so can't comment on the heat yet.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X-30 5.7 Ilmor gen 2 surf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cc4me View Post
Looks good. How does it feel on your feet? Does it get hot? Is it rough? Does it feel hard or does it have any "squishiness"?
Im also very curious about the heat factor. I live in SC where we see temperatures of 100+ pretty regularly and the factory stuff like this on the swim platform gets super hot to step on if its not wet.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilo10 View Post
Im also very curious about the heat factor. I live in SC where we see temperatures of 100+ pretty regularly and the factory stuff like this on the swim platform gets super hot to step on if its not wet.
I'm interested in this as well, since I live in "Hotlanta" (Atlanta).
Old 06-12-2018, 03:02 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC 2006 X-30, MCX 5.7L
I installed gator step earlier this year and had the boat out on a sunny 100degree day at 2pm last week. It was hot but not burning hot. This was right after I dropped it in completely dry. I stepped on the white seat vinyl and pretty sure it burnt my foot. So it gets warm but not near as hot as the vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2018, 11:50 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by STX30MAC View Post
I installed gator step earlier this year and had the boat out on a sunny 100degree day at 2pm last week. It was hot but not burning hot. This was right after I dropped it in completely dry. I stepped on the white seat vinyl and pretty sure it burnt my foot. So it gets warm but not near as hot as the vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info! Awesome looking boat btw!
Old 06-13-2018, 03:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: b
Looks much better...
Old 07-13-2018, 04:24 PM
TT Newbie

Reporting with some feedback after owning for a month. This floor is great, does get warm, but not too hot, and not even close to as warm as the vinyl seats. Stains are really easy to clean up, we have kids and a decent amount of things get spilled. Three simple steps to try, first just try warm water with a soft brissel brush. If that doesn't get it out, try adding a small dab of dish soap to the water. And lastly, they recommend CitraSolv degreaser. Haven't had to use it yet as dish soap has gotten everything out up to this point (coffee, twisted tea, beer, mushed up strawberries from the kids). When I clean it as a whole, I found the best way to begin is wait for it to dry and just sweeping it works great and then vacuum up the pile. We now keep a shop vac and broom on our boat at all times. The ultimate test, within the first ten minutes of our dog's first surf sesh, she took a **** right in the middle of the largest piece of the floor. Came right out with a little dab of dish soap and a soft brush. We love this upgrade from our old carpet, when I look at old pictures with carpet, I think to myself, "why didn't we do this sooner?" Everyone that we share docks with at our campground is jealous and beginning to order it for themselves. Would absolutely recommend to anyone!
Old 07-13-2018, 05:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 XStar
Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkvaale View Post
...The ultimate test, within the first ten minutes of our dog's first surf sesh, she took a **** right in the middle of the largest piece of the floor....
This made me lol!