Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2171  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:11 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 11,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210
I must admit years ago a Colorado Avalance fan walked into a die hard Detroit Red Wings bar called the Last Chance in Grand Rapids Michigan and I witnessed this guy get heckled so bad he left the bar. In this case the guy was obnoxious and was looking for a fight. When he realized had had fifteen of them, he left out of fear for his safety.

If I go into a bar in Texas wearing an OU shirt touting how good Barry Switzer is/was and rubbing it in the faces of the Texas faithfull I could only expect some blood loss to occur. In the case of the above story I am sure both were guilty to one degree or another.

Moral of the story: Don't piss off an Army combat vet
Pick and choose what and where you wear opposing teams logo's..........If you're looking for trouble, most likely you will find it.......
__________________

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word
Reply With Quote
  #2172  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:13 PM
east tx skier's Avatar
east tx skier east tx skier is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Location: End of my rope.
Posts: 26,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210
My buddy is an OU grad. He freely admits he learned nothing more than how to drink while at OU and also states it was a huge waste of money for his parents to send him there..

Whatta ya think of that?
My half brother is an OU alum. He hasn't ever mentioned being dissatisfied with his education and is an intelligent fellow. Like most big schools, UT, OU, A&M just to name a few in said conference, the education is there, but you have to be pretty proactive about getting the most out of it. All the rivalries aside, I consider each to be a good school.

In defense of UT, I also learned my SSN in addition to a few other things.
__________________
Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ


Be kind. Have fun.
Reply With Quote
  #2173  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:16 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 11,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
In defense of UT, I also learned my SSN in addition to a few other things.
Ah yes, I remember looking up test scores too.........
__________________

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word
Reply With Quote
  #2174  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Maristar210's Avatar
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: paddle
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
My half brother is an OU alum. He hasn't ever mentioned being dissatisfied with his education and is an intelligent fellow. Like most big schools, UT, OU, A&M just to name a few in said conference, the education is there, but you have to be pretty proactive about getting the most out of it. All the rivalries aside, I consider each to be a good school.

In defense of UT, I also learned my SSN in addition to a few other things.

Just the facts ma'am, just the facts...
Reply With Quote
  #2175  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:21 PM
tones03's Avatar
tones03 tones03 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: 2002 Prostar 190
Location: Clear Lake MI
Posts: 374
Send a message via AIM to tones03
My school we have 2 rivalrys, and they are with MIT and Michigan Tech, we trash talk and say who are bigger nerds. We don't have any sports teams so our rivalries aren't as cool or serious as other schools.
Reply With Quote
  #2176  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Maristar210's Avatar
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: paddle
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones03
My school we have 2 rivalrys, and they are with MIT and Michigan Tech, we trash talk and say who are bigger nerds. We don't have any sports teams so our rivalries aren't as cool or serious as other schools.

Wow you're a dork. I'm afraid you can't date my daughter. Can't risk having nerds for grandchildren
Reply With Quote
  #2177  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 7,463
WOW what a good time to be a BUCKEYES FAN!!!!! The wolverines are 0-2, the irish are 0-2, and we are 2-0. Boy does that make me smile.

What a time for work to get really busy where I can't get on here and give all you michigan fans some guff. I just hope they don't get rid of Carr. I mean, he did win a fake national championship in 97....doesn't that count for something?
__________________
FOR SALE 1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1,
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"Don't steal. The government hates competition." - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #2178  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:41 PM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 11,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
WOW what a good time to be a BUCKEYES FAN!!!!! The wolverines are 0-2, the irish are 0-2, and we are 2-0. Boy does that make me smile.

What a time for work to get really busy where I can't get on here and give all you michigan fans some guff. I just hope they don't get rid of Carr. I mean, he did win a fake national championship in 97....doesn't that count for something?
CP, I keep telling you............E-Z on serving the crow...........The season is still young...............
__________________

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word
Reply With Quote
  #2179  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:44 PM
tones03's Avatar
tones03 tones03 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: 2002 Prostar 190
Location: Clear Lake MI
Posts: 374
Send a message via AIM to tones03
CP I agree, get rid of Carr

Maristar, i got to school with dorks, me come on, in the MC family, going to have a great job, what more could a father want for his daughter?? I chose the school for the future, im an hour from state and UM, plus an 1.5 hours from CMU, we go there for football and women, i go where i go so i can make bank in a couple years and the women come to me. lol
Reply With Quote
  #2180  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Maristar210's Avatar
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: paddle
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
WOW what a good time to be a BUCKEYES FAN!!!!! The wolverines are 0-2, the irish are 0-2, and we are 2-0. Boy does that make me smile.

What a time for work to get really busy where I can't get on here and give all you michigan fans some guff. I just hope they don't get rid of Carr. I mean, he did win a fake national championship in 97....doesn't that count for something?

I'm going to come down and give you and P-hat a ________________________________________

Enjoy the moments while they last
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.