Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2017, 05:35 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 X23 6000GDI (previous boat was 2014 X25) (4 other boats prior, but none MC)
Send a message via Skype™ to Loewen
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamont View Post
Gotta say I don't think you have this boat set up correctly. I'll take my A22 over a X23.
Pfft

Thanks for the entertainment
Old 07-31-2017, 05:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Nautique
Anyone who says the 23LSV can't surf and has no push obviously has it set up incorrectly . The 23LSV has long been producing a decent surf wake . Even before surfgate. The 22VLX of in fact that is what he owns also produces a decent surfwake. For starters in this scenario the owner has no clue what he's doing , we don't even know what model boat he has , it's clear he has no idea how to use his tech or dial in a wake.

Your complaining about quality because there are also some tech glitches on a new boat, owned by a guy that has no clue what he has and probably hasn't even pressed a button to find out
He has a glitch is absurd. There are plenty of threads here with auto launch issues and tab deployments going haywire right on your beloved MC's Basing an overall picture of a brand and a wake after spending a limited time in a boat with someone who hasn't a clue what they have is really not a fair assessment. But hey its the internet. Comparing. 22 ft (if in fact it is a 22VLX) to a 23 ft boat in another line is also not fair comparison. I will also say this. Of all the surf systems surfgate is probably the least effective in achieving pro caliber surf wakes. , however it was the one that got everyone going. It works great with factory ballast and just above factory weight. , but once you start slamming it it hits a point where it looses its effectiveness .
The X30 is no doubt an easy boat to setup and go. It's also has has a very respectable surf wake. , But stack the 23LSV or 22VLX's wakeboard wake against that 30 and you'll quickly see the tides turn.

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
88 2001 Nautique

Last edited by swatguy; 07-31-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:53 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
I have a lot of experience behind the 22vlx and the 30. surf hands down goes to the 30, but the wakeboard wake on the 22vlx is more my style and much easier to achieve a large wake without bags everywhere like I do in the 30. surf wake leaves a lot to be desired on the 22, but it wasnt dialed for regular side riders as my neighbor surfs goofy. Hes had a lot more problems with his boat, and ive had a loose battery switch.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released eventually

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- For Sale
Old 07-31-2017, 07:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 83 SnS / Axis A22
Glad I was able to get you guys a little fired up. I've surfed the X23 plenty of times, just saying I prefer my A22. Some like blondes some like brunettes. But if you think Malibu/Axis doesn't throw an insane wave you better check your sources.
Stock A24, what "Zone" is this?
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2017, 07:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 83 SnS / Axis A22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest-X45 View Post
Sorry Bud but I have to completely disagree with you on this one. I have surfed both and there is no comparison. You know inboard boats better than anyone so you should know better.
That's right I do know better
Old 07-31-2017, 08:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 22 VLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
Anyone who says the 23LSV can't surf and has no push obviously has it set up incorrectly . The 23LSV has long been producing a decent surf wake . Even before surfgate. The 22VLX of in fact that is what he owns also produces a decent surfwake. For starters in this scenario the owner has no clue what he's doing , we don't even know what model boat he has , it's clear he has no idea how to use his tech or dial in a wake.

Your complaining about quality because there are also some tech glitches on a new boat, owned by a guy that has no clue what he has and probably hasn't even pressed a button to find out
He has a glitch is absurd. There are plenty of threads here with auto launch issues and tab deployments going haywire right on your beloved MC's Basing an overall picture of a brand and a wake after spending a limited time in a boat with someone who hasn't a clue what they have is really not a fair assessment. But hey its the internet. Comparing. 22 ft (if in fact it is a 22VLX) to a 23 ft boat in another line is also not fair comparison. I will also say this. Of all the surf systems surfgate is probably the least effective in achieving pro caliber surf wakes. , however it was the one that got everyone going. It works great with factory ballast and just above factory weight. , but once you start slamming it it hits a point where it looses its effectiveness .
The X30 is no doubt an easy boat to setup and go. It's also has has a very respectable surf wake. , But stack the 23LSV or 22VLX's wakeboard wake against that 30 and you'll quickly see the tides turn.
Why Malibus need bow weight.. they need to stay level, too much bow rise and the gate turns in to a ramp, the water goes over it and the delayed convergence effect takes a big hit. If you keep the bow down and the gate perpendicular to the water surface you can stack on the weight. Maybe not the the extent you can in others but I am running 2300# on top of factory tanks. The wake gets progressively better the more weight I add.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by lees23 View Post
Why Malibus need bow weight.. they need to stay level, too much bow rise and the gate turns in to a ramp, the water goes over it and the delayed convergence effect takes a big hit. If you keep the bow down and the gate perpendicular to the water surface you can stack on the weight. Maybe not the the extent you can in others but I am running 2300# on top of factory tanks. The wake gets progressively better the more weight I add.
Same holds true for the original NSS plates on my Nautique. The revamp in 2014 took care of that , but the original plates I have you need to do the same thing mentioned above. It's all knowing how to dial the boat in

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
88 2001 Nautique
Old 07-31-2017, 09:22 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X30, 2008 X15 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lees23 View Post

Makes a lot of sense. Thank you. Not my problem anymore though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2017, 02:51 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 X23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamont View Post
Glad I was able to get you guys a little fired up. I've surfed the X23 plenty of times, just saying I prefer my A22. Some like blondes some like brunettes. But if you think Malibu/Axis doesn't throw an insane wave you better check your sources.
Stock A24, what "Zone" is this?
Lol. I'm going to punch you in the face the next time I see you!! See you this weekend!! Looks like zone 7.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:44 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2016 G21 Coastal
It's all about knowing how to set up Your boat, the way You like to ride. I've seen great wakes (or at least great pics) off a variety of boats.

2018 Volleyball Watcher
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2