Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 08-27-2017, 08:47 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Maristar open bow 454 Indmar
'91 Maristar 240 bow air vents.

Hey everyone!

I am on the backside of a 1991 Maristar 240 Restoration. In the past two years I have been working with Keowee Marina and a local upholsterer to make sure the boat is up to my standards.

Currently I am working on the exterior of the boat and am on the hunt for the air intakes that can be found below the windows on each side of boat. they were made out of plastic and they have obviously been stepped on and the tops broken.

I will post pictures in the next day or two.

Also does anyone know if anyone has ever replaced their old rubber rub rail around their boat with a stainless steel cap and rubber one? I was on my friends 2018 XT 22 and it was sweeeeeeeet. I loved the rub rail though......
Old 10-25-2017, 01:58 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 Larson
Hey, I'll put a feeler out there.... If anyone has a set of clean ones... I can see if I can have them reproduced for everyone and future use.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:42 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1989 Maristar 240, Indmar 454
Just seeing this post. Did you all ever figure out a solution to this? I have an '89 Maristar 240 and the vents were broken. I made a template out of some cheap material and then had a local fabricator make the finished pieces. Overall, they turned out pretty well. Slowly getting through a restoration on this, one project at a time!
Attached Images

Tags
maristar 240, parts