Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2017, 03:10 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: none
New boat - flooring optons

Carpet vs Deckadence vs Aqua Marine deck flooring.... I think the aqua marine deck flooring you can add looks the best..... boats I test drove had standard carpet...

dealership is recommending the deckadence option... said it holds up better, easier to clean, not as hot, and you do not have to worry about scratching it up...

any opinions on flooring options?
Old 02-20-2017, 03:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobpatton75 View Post
Carpet vs Deckadence vs Aqua Marine deck flooring.... I think the aqua marine deck flooring you can add looks the best..... boats I test drove had standard carpet...

dealership is recommending the deckadence option... said it holds up better, easier to clean, not as hot, and you do not have to worry about scratching it up...

any opinions on flooring options?
I have deckadence in my X23 and love it. I will never own anything again. What's really nice about is that that it requires zero snaps and when its wet all you have to do is pull it out and let it drip dry. Also when it is wet you hardly even know because the water flows through it and drains into the bilge.

I like it because when we leave our house on the weekend and put the boat up, I can pull the deckadence and dry the entire inside of the boat. It is not covered with a moist flooring and leaves no mildew behind.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 ProStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
I have deckadence in my X23 and love it. I will never own anything again. What's really nice about is that that it requires zero snaps and when its wet all you have to do is pull it out and let it drip dry. Also when it is wet you hardly even know because the water flows through it and drains into the bilge.

I like it because when we leave our house on the weekend and put the boat up, I can pull the deckadence and dry the entire inside of the boat. It is not covered with a moist flooring and leaves no mildew behind.
Decadence all the way. I hate carpet
Old 02-20-2017, 07:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 XT23
I like the decadence myself however DAMN it's not cheap. Nevertheless I ordered it. Carpet smells.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:12 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 X10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post

Glad to see someone in the south east who likes it. We optioned it and can't wait to try it out this summer. Was concerned about heat based on a few posts, but the folks at the dealer all use it.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancassidy View Post
Glad to see someone in the south east who likes it. We optioned it and can't wait to try it out this summer. Was concerned about heat based on a few posts, but the folks at the dealer all use it.
We are looking to switch as the end of this coming season, so will look forward to your feedback in Sept on how hot it got with our southeast summer temps.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:06 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2017 Mastercraft Xt21
Marine Mat is like seadeck minus about 30% of the cost. I can get my buddy to get you a quote. Send me a PM.. I have seen the product...same quality.

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2017 Audi S3 Technik Ara Blue Crystal Effect with Advanced Handling package
Old 02-21-2017, 05:17 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2010 X2 (sold) /2016 X30
For those that have the Deckadence how's the installation process? From what I understand it's strictly ordered in rolls and self cut based on your own template. Happy with the outcome?
Old 02-21-2017, 06:09 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X30, 2008 X15 (sold)
that marine mat looks sharp; i like the snap in/out option too.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:23 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancassidy View Post
I love it. I don't think it gets as hot as my Seadek that is on the rear of the boat. Its nice because eit cools off very easily and drys out so quick.

I wont ever have anything else.

Tags
aqua marine deck, carpet, deckadence, flooring