Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-14-2018, 02:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 NXT20
This is a great thread. I'm starting a diet now - want to loose at least 30# Thanks for all the info guys
Old 05-16-2018, 09:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X35 6.0 Ilmor
Iím trying some meal replacement with Huel. Pretty good stuff and half the price of Shakeology
Old 05-17-2018, 01:47 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN X-45 View Post
I mentioned it before, but B complex made a world of difference for me but it is more about energy and mental clarity than joints.
Saw VA Dr. today.
He did confirm what you an others posted here about weigh loss combined with exercise
Sore joints are common
Recommended B Complex as well

Ordered blood work as well ,
Exploring more on my Lower calve spasm and tingling

Onward....

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Old 05-17-2018, 01:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X35 6.0 Ilmor
Can use glucosamine and chondroitin complex for joints as well
Old 05-17-2018, 02:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
I saw the Pizza Doctor today. I have not had pizza in 7 months.

IT FELT AWESOME....

Now I'll spend the next week being good again
Old 05-19-2018, 08:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 ProStar 190
Hello all,

OK, 90 day update here. (You can see my 60 day update below.) This morning I weighed in at a new low, for a total loss of about 25 pounds. I'm about at my target, but now that I'm here, I think maybe there is another couple pounds around the mid-section that could be targeted....

* I had previously mentioned that my resting & exercise heartbeat jumped up 10 bpm almost as soon as I started this. It has now returned completely to my earlier levels...the graph of it looks like a quick spike up and then a slow return to normal over 80 days. I still don't know the underlying mechanism of what's going on there.

* My exercise (jogging) endurance seems to have improved...it went down during the first 60 days plus or minus. But seems to be improving as of late.

* The rate of weight loss varies, but this is kind of the magnitude for me:
- First 30 days : 9.5 pounds (some of this was very likely water weight)
- Second 30 days : 7.5 pounds
- Third 30 days : 6.0 pounds
- This next 30 days, I don't see more than maybe another 3 or 4 coming off. That will be plenty and I wouldn't want to loose more than that.

* I've also been doing some work with weights, so there might be a pound of muscle added here and there.

* Last weekend was filled with family events and dinners out where I went off the wagon. Friday night had a dinner with plenty of carbs, next day mexican with lots of chips and tortillas, etc. The weight jumped up 3 pounds or so, but then I got back on my normal routine this past week and all that is now gone plus a little extra. So I'm finding that occasional high carb periods don't make me feel bad (other than getting that post-carb/sugar drowsiness due the the insulin spike) and I can get the weight right back off again. It is an awesome feeling to know exactly what to do in order to get back on track.

* I am working in some intermittent fasting. I usually skip breakfast (but this being Saturday morning, I'm about to go make myself a nice omelette!), and then have lunch and dinner. I found that after I might eat too much one day (like last weekend described above), then a 24 hour fast (from dinner one night to dinner the next night) is pretty easy and burns out all the glucose and gets me back on track.

* Of note is that all of this weight loss occurred without any additional exercise. Over the past two years, I was consistently running for 20-30 minutes about 4-5 days per week. So getting in about 10-15 miles per week. My weight was stable to slightly increasing during that time. Loosing weight is 90% about what you eat....not how much you exercise.

That's that. Everyone keep up the great work!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDaddy View Post
Hello all,

Here is 60 day update. Kind of boring.

19 pounds lost....about five more pounds to go and I think I'll be pretty happy and start experimenting with stabilization.

I've been looking at weight changes in 10 day increments. They fluctuate, especially at the beginning. Looks like I'm honing in at around 2 pounds lost every 10 days. I think that's a pretty reasonable rate and it isn't that hard.

I have a daily chart that has another 60 days on it, so I'm going to keep on with this for at least that duration. It really is pretty easy for me and I'm used to it now, so I can't see going back to my old high carb plan.

* My running endurance still isn't where I want it to be. I expected more improvement by now....I'm hoping it does start to improve.
* Resting heartbeat is slowly coming down, but still a tad bit elevated from where I was before I started keto. Maybe that's related to endurance?
* I'm doing some light weight work, so perhaps I'll building a little muscle at the same time as losing weight. Hard to tell.
* I have been fitting in some intermittent fasting still. I did a 24 hour fast last week (had dinner and then no more food until next dinner time) and that was pretty easy and felt good, strangely.

Anyway, like I said, nothing too exciting. Still feeling good, better than before, lighter & stronger than before. If it ever warms up here in Kansas City, I'm really looking forward to hitting the lake and see how slalom feels compared to last year!!!

Good luck & great work everyone!!!
Old 05-19-2018, 09:27 AM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Stopped drinking beer for six months; lost 25 lbs easy!

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 05-19-2018, 09:34 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
my goal was to keep my weigth steady from last season without giving up too much. I eat keto and can count how many beers I have on both hands in last than 12 months... whiskey thats a different story -- excersice/ stretch on average 3-4 times a week. at 58 weight 195 average and can bend over and put 10 fingers on the floor - so still flexible.

staying away from sugar - starch - corn syrup has gone a long way in keeping weight steady.

started powdered greens in water to make sure I get my does of veggies per day.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Keto egg/bacon/cheese sous vide recipe, easy and tasty:

https://wellnessmama.com/156155/sous-vide-egg-bites/
Old 05-19-2018, 03:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDaddy View Post
Loosing weight is 90% about what you eat....not how much you exercise.
I learned this the hard way when my body literally started to fall apart over the course of 6 months. Lost 15 pounds from diet alone and haven't had a problem since. incredible