Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 08-17-2018, 03:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 XT23 just traded the 2004 XSTAR, first was a prostar 190
180k on the truck and 55 hrs on the boat.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2018, 03:34 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2008 X14, w/ LY6 400HP w/ 1.22 Ratio Tran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgboyd25 View Post
My 17 F250 and my wife's 16 F150 on the way to Buckeye Bash last weekend
Nice family of rides!

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-17-2018, 07:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Just to show a different tow rig

Sometimes we tow with the SUV but my favorite rig is the RV because it means we stay longer and have more fun and relaxation.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2018, 08:54 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC 2006 X-30, MCX 5.7L
Before the haul to The Lonestar Masterbash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2018, 09:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 basstracker, 2000 Targa 210, 2007 mastercraft CSX..
Tow Vehicle & Rig Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka View Post
180k on the truck and 55 hrs on the boat.

All the way to China and back. How’s the gas mileage? . tug.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:47 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft X30
2016 GMC Denali w/6.2. Just picked it up a few days ago. Looks good with the MC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2018, 10:04 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2004 X-STAR, 6.0
Escalade for now. Will use the Duramax for longer trips.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2018, 10:57 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 (Sold), 2006 x15 w/ mcx
Got a new tow rig the other week but didn't get a chance to post a pic because I've been in England for the last 10 days. I got it the other week and had enough time to drive it home and wash it then put it in the garage while I was across the pond. 2016 LML with just 23k miles, it is a LT but does have the heated cloth seats. So far I love it, the camper top came with it, I've never been a huge fan but I do think this one looks decent on the truck. I'll probably leave it on through hunting season then decide whether to take it off for next summer or not. Right now I just can't wait to get the windows tinted and get the boat behind it.

Big thanks to Corbin for taking a Friday evening to go check it out for me. I had a lot going on and wasn't able to get out to St. Louis to check it out so he did it for me. I probably wouldn't have bought it without myself or someone I trust laying eyes on it. Right after he got done test driving it another couple was waiting to do the same so based on his critique of the truck I went ahead and just pulled the trigger over the phone and the dealer had the truck delivered to me a week later after we got all the paperwork and money exchanged. I never thought I'd buy a truck like this but after doing it I have no regrets.

Since I mentioned the trip to England I'll throw in a couple teaser pics from our trip. The lake district was amazing, I'll be going back there for sure.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2018, 11:16 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbeck View Post
Got a new tow rig the other week but didn't get a chance to post a pic because I've been in England for the last 10 days. I got it the other week and had enough time to drive it home and wash it then put it in the garage while I was across the pond. 2016 LML with just 23k miles, it is a LT but does have the heated cloth seats. So far I love it, the camper top came with it, I've never been a huge fan but I do think this one looks decent on the truck. I'll probably leave it on through hunting season then decide whether to take it off for next summer or not. Right now I just can't wait to get the windows tinted and get the boat behind it.

Big thanks to Corbin for taking a Friday evening to go check it out for me. I had a lot going on and wasn't able to get out to St. Louis to check it out so he did it for me. I probably wouldn't have bought it without myself or someone I trust laying eyes on it. Right after he got done test driving it another couple was waiting to do the same so based on his critique of the truck I went ahead and just pulled the trigger over the phone and the dealer had the truck delivered to me a week later after we got all the paperwork and money exchanged. I never thought I'd buy a truck like this but after doing it I have no regrets.

Since I mentioned the trip to England I'll throw in a couple teaser pics from our trip. The lake district was amazing, I'll be going back there for sure.
Great looking truck. The camper top looks awesome.

My father just bought a 2018 2500 and they pull incredibly.
I pulled the X23 behind it and it felt like it wasn't even there. My favorite part was merging on the interstate with the boat.

He added an air lift system to the rear to help with sag and bounce.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:33 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 (Sold), 2006 x15 w/ mcx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Great looking truck. The camper top looks awesome.

My father just bought a 2018 2500 and they pull incredibly.
I pulled the X23 behind it and it felt like it wasn't even there. My favorite part was merging on the interstate with the boat.

He added an air lift system to the rear to help with sag and bounce.
My dad has a 18' and the L5p is awesome. I wanted one bad but the right deal never came up so I jumped on this one when I found it.

I did have a deal worked out on a 3 month old midnight edition that a guy of craigslist was selling because he wanted out of his $800/month payment. We agreed on a price and I had everything setup and when he went to the bank and realized he needed to come up with $6k just to sell it to me he about s*** a brick. He obviously wasn't the most financially responsible human but I wasn't going to tell him that.

It's really just crazy how much the dealers totally control the market these days. It's almost impossible to find a nicer/newer truck in the private market anymore and when you do it's a complete pita to deal with the banks and lean releases and everything else.

Tags
2008, aric drives a moped, aric is awesome, aric is spelled wrong, f150, f350, flux capacitor, fords rule, fords suck, ghey hamster wheelz, hybrid, luke likes boys, silverado tornados, srt8, tdi, tow mirrors, tundras rock, vortex generator, x2 2008, x45, xstar