Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 07-14-2015, 11:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Xstar
Surf rack for zero flex tower

What is everyone using for their Zero flex towers? I am tired of boards laying on the floor of the boat or tying them to the top of the bimini. I measured the outside diameter of the tower and it says 1 7/8.

Looking for recommendations that would look good and compliment my boat which is a 2002 X-star.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2015, 01:36 AM
MC Devotee

I am planning on using Bulletlines surfboard racks for my Xstar. Had some of their wakeboard racks for my old Tristar and I was pleased with the quality and overall looks.

www.Bulletlines.com
Old 07-28-2015, 09:30 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Maristar 225VRS 1998 LT-1
I've had really good luck with www.DIYwake.com
Old 07-28-2015, 09:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 197, 2002
New demensions towers who made the zero flex flyer towers might have something but the web sit doesn't have things listed and I have not had any luck getting them to respond to emails
Old 07-28-2015, 10:18 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1996, 3fiddy
My boat came with a knee board rack on the zero-flex (I know, I know, who knee boards enough to buy a rack? lol). I was going to immediately take it off, but I have found it quite useful for holding two surfboards. The strap is long, and as long as you place them fins out, it seems to be working for me.

I'm interested in other solutions going forward...but it does work.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

I ordered one of the Krypt racks, it should be here soon. I will give some reviews once I try it out
Old 12-04-2017, 09:25 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X-10 - 2002 w/Northstar 5.7MPI
I have the same question!
I have a 2002 x-10 and want to know where I can get zero flex tower rack replacements to fit surf boards on one side.

Please help! Pictures would be nice to!

Thanks guys!
Old 12-05-2017, 12:50 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 VRS 230 w/X-boat package, 8.1L
I know this is an out-of-date thread, but I ordered the Krypt/Bulletlines racks, and have a little experience with them. 1st off, they come with a clamp mount for the bars, which I opted not to use. I removed the bar clamp and the back plate and just mounted the racks where the factory wakeboard racks mount on the Zero-Flex tower. What I discovered is that the bolt holes on the rack don't line up with the mount holes on the tower. Unfortunately, the difference isn't enough to allow me to drill and tap a new hole in the rack- they're off by a half-diameter or so, so I'd have to drill a new mount hole in the tower bracket and then drill/tap in the rack. The other thing I found is that the mount holes on the Krypt racks are threaded for metric. Makes sense, being made in China. I did find though that with a metric bolt of correct size (8mm?) I could crank down tight enough on the bolt that the racks are secure. I did check the bolt several times, and so far, it's still tight- no movement at all. I know those with serious MCOCD are probably twitching right now, but it works for me. No extra holes in the tower, no worrying about drilling and tapping new holes, and the racks are secure.

Other things worth mentioning- the rubber pads on the racks smell something awful- if you order these racks, leave them outside in the sun to off-gas for a while, you'll appreciate it. Second thing, I found the bungee cord to be too short to use over two boards. I wound up cutting and reattaching it to get enough length to stretch over my boards. Not a huge issue for me, given that they're priced very affordably, but still, that may be something to consider for some folks.

Overall, I'm happy- cheap price, they work (with a little help) and that's pretty much all I needed.

G
Old 12-05-2017, 12:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Can you post a photo? Thanks
Old 12-05-2017, 05:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-Series MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
Can you post a photo? Thanks
+1 on this