Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2017, 02:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
Getting old sucks

Next week I turn 54 years old . Had a ton of plans for the winter ski season including a trip to Florida in February to do some rare winter slalom skiing . Took a freak slow speed fall while down hill skiing yesterday and was in big time pain from my left shoulder . Two years ago I had rotator and labrum surgery on the same shoulder . After a sleepless night and a lot of pain I went to see my sports medicine doctor . Turns out I broke my shoulder . No surgery just no movement for the next month . Funny but I am kind of relieved as I thought it was my labrum again .
Old 01-16-2017, 02:27 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
That sucks-Went through the Librium a couple of years ago too! Never again!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 01-16-2017, 02:34 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Yeah, I hear you. Had my right rotator cuff along with relocating my biceps tendon (tendon was frayed from moving over bone spurs) done last year at this time and am set for some work on my left shoulder in a couple weeks. Rotator cuff is OK but same tendon problem plus needs to have some bone removed from my shoulder as the scapula and humerus and contacting each other.

On the bright side, healing from a break will be quicker than the previous surgery.

Coincidentally I am 53.

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $325 DELIVERED
REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $495 DELIVERED
Email - [email protected]
Old 01-16-2017, 02:42 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1995 Prostar 190
Sorry to hear about your injury....that stinks.
My friend tore both ACL's in both knees skiing last winter.....lots of pain and rehab but she wants to hit the mountain again this winter. She's over 50.

I've learned that my main priority is summertime watersports so I've all but given up on downhill skiing. I've got a new friend that I would like to stay healthy for. Looking forward to some snowmobiling in March though. I'm 54 and lovin' life!!!
Old 01-16-2017, 02:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by atihanyi View Post
Next week I turn 54 years old . Had a ton of plans for the winter ski season including a trip to Florida in February to do some rare winter slalom skiing . Took a freak slow speed fall while down hill skiing yesterday and was in big time pain from my left shoulder . Two years ago I had rotator and labrum surgery on the same shoulder . After a sleepless night and a lot of pain I went to see my sports medicine doctor . Turns out I broke my shoulder . No surgery just no movement for the next month . Funny but I am kind of relieved as I thought it was my labrum again .
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Yeah, I hear you. Had my right rotator cuff along with relocating my biceps tendon (tendon was frayed from moving over bone spurs) done last year at this time and am set for some work on my left shoulder in a couple weeks. Rotator cuff is OK but same tendon problem plus needs to have some bone removed from my shoulder as the scapula and humerus and contacting each other.

On the bright side, healing from a break will be quicker than the previous surgery.

Coincidentally I am 53.
As long as we're comparing...
I quit skiing 'cause I ache every where... Oh I'm 76
Hope you guys all heal up well and quickly Best wishes.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:09 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 07 xstar
I feel your pain
Old 01-16-2017, 04:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 197
In my 49 year old world skiing requires a boat, water, a rope and of course a ski or 2.... That silly $hit in the snow killed Sonny Bono... I want nothing to do with it!.... lol
Old 01-16-2017, 04:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Achilles sg124
I would be glad your 54. You never know when your going to check out. I was lifeflighted into a hospital 5 years ago. They did a full CT scan of me from head to toe. The doctor report was 2 pages long from all the crap they found out was wrong me from living an unhealthy lifestyle other than the broken arm I sustained from the fall. I will raise a glass with joy If I make it to my 54th Bday. Im glad you dont need surgery because that is never any fun.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, 197, 2009, 5.7L-MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by atihanyi View Post
Yeah - that sucked. At least you camera arm should be good so you can capture Chet's comments.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 ProStar 6.2L
Oh ****. Bad news man. The bright side is you have lots of time before ski season to get back to 100%. We need some X-ray pics though. Come on.

Snow Skiing is dangerous. I grew up downhill racing but I remember as terms of my very small football scholarship I wasn't alowed to ski during this period.