Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2018, 09:41 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2015 X23
Just out of curiosity for those of you that upgrade in this high end category every year. What is the average cost to do so? I know this year might be a bit different with the model changes but year over year is it $20,000 or $40,000?

Do most of you work deals out with your dealer or try to sell your year old on the open market?
Old 09-20-2018, 09:54 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbucket1 View Post
Just out of curiosity for those of you that upgrade in this high end category every year. What is the average cost to do so? I know this year might be a bit different with the model changes but year over year is it $20,000 or $40,000?

Do most of you work deals out with your dealer or try to sell your year old on the open market?

I'd be curious to know what the price difference is on trading very selling out right.

In Louisiana, if you trade a new boat on and old, you only pay taxes on the difference. But trade value is typically lower than selling out right.

From personal experience, the center console we have is going to be traded on the larger one and we had a set agreement with the dealer on the trade in price of the boat. We paid the note for a few months of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 10:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 MasterCraft X23
Price increase plus year deduction, usually $10-15k. Any addition/deductions in options apply accordingly. I don't put too many hours on so don't get charged extra for that.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-Star 7.4L Past: '99 Prostar 195, '01 X-Star, '07 X-Star
At the beginning of the season a dealer offered me $70k for an '18 Xstar after trade-in. That was the end of that conversation... lol
Old 09-20-2018, 03:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 XStar that's trying to be a 40th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbucket1 View Post

I never trade. Iíd get pummeled on depreciation if I did that.

My dealer knows Iím buying new every year, and they give me a good price because of that.

I sell my boat outright every year. I would never set myself up to lose 20k in one year, much less 40k. In the past, I always sold my old boat before ordering a new one. I take immaculate care of the boat, price it where I am comfortable, and stick to my guns.

My price seems to always be on point with market pricing, and they have seemed to sell just fine. The big yearly price increases are certainly helping bolster up the market for a 1 year old used boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
I'd be curious to know what the price difference is on trading very selling out right.

In Louisiana, if you trade a new boat on and old, you only pay taxes on the difference. But trade value is typically lower than selling out right.
Iíd guess trading every year would run 20-30k yearly..... but thatís just a guess.

VT is the same way with taxes. I wouldnít be able to swap every year if I had to keep paying the full tax amount. My average tax payment on my yearly upgrade is usually only a couple hundred dollars. If I had to pay on the whole boat value every time, it would be like 8k.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 XStar that's trying to be a 40th.
Boat finished Tuesday and the dealer asked for the shipper to expedite the freight........

Dealer must have been pretty persuasive, because it just showed up! That’s airmail speed!!
Old 09-20-2018, 04:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Boat finished Tuesday and the dealer asked for the shipper to expedite the freight........

Dealer must have been pretty persuasive, because it just showed up! Thatís airmail speed!!
SWEET! Expect a 440 review Monday. Have fun with the new boat
Old 09-20-2018, 04:49 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2017 Mastercraft Xt21
Quote:

Dealer must have been pretty persuasive, because it just showed up! Thatís airmail speed!!

Lets get a live feed going over the weekend?/

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2017 Audi S3 Technik Ara Blue Crystal Effect with Advanced Handling package
Old 09-20-2018, 05:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:

we need pictures.....
Old 09-20-2018, 06:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-Star 2004 5.7 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CottagerGreg View Post
Lets get a live feed going over the weekend?/
Would be awesome!!