Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2018, 01:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '10 X-14v
If you don't like traffic/crowds then the front range and summit county are probably going to be pretty low on your list. Steamboat, Grand county, Durango, gunnison and western slope (glenwood springs, maybe grand Junction) are places you should be looking. If you end up with something in the Denver area try to find a place in western suburbs as it will help slightly with commutes to the mountains. Most of the mountain communities have some public water that isn't super busy but it's a bit nippy up there. Front range public water is usually no bueno unless you can get out on weekdays. Smaller private "lakes" are more common in quarries and reservoirs north of Denver through Loveland and up towards ft Collins.
I'd recommend narrowing down some job locations and come visit and stay in a hotel near where you think you could live and do some things you would normally do during the time you would actually do them. That way you'll know what it's like to be a front range snowboarder, Fort Collins commuter, or steamboat resident. Good luck, and keep us posted.

2010 X-14v, 1995 CC Ski Nautique
previous
2001 MC Prostar 190,
1989 CC Ski Nautique 2001,
1984 CC Ski Nautique,
1979 CC Ski Tique
Old 09-20-2018, 02:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Colorado is more crowded than Utah, It took me 4 hours to get from Vail to DIA on Sunday!
That's actually not all that terrible.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 NXT20
There would definitely be opportunities in the downtown area with a lot of oil and gas companies based there. Boulder/Broomfield area has a number of aerospace companies and there are a number of engineering companies downtown and in Englewood. As you will find out, those are also the most expensive areas to live.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: None Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpollz View Post
That's actually not all that terrible.
Yeah, I made up for it in the areas with no traffic. The speed limits out there are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, X30, 2003, MCX 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
My friend just moved to fort Collins a few weeks ago. So far the only water skiing he has found is a private club for $2500 a year. I don't know if that includes boat access or not.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Is he specifically looking for buoy skiing?

I kept my expectations in check when planning my trip in August to Ft Collins/Horsetooth Resv. I was thoroughly impressed with the lake. Not that big, but the marina was nice with helpful staff, at least 4 different ramps along the west edge that I counted which kept the ramp traffic in check, water temps totally do-able for this wimp, and we had a blast of a day wakeboarding/wakesurfing. Air BnB 2 minutes from the ramp.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
He doesn't have his own boat, and yes I think he was mainly looking for a course.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 08:20 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft X-Star
I'm in Grand Junction. I love it here. Small lake here locally, quite a few within a couple hours, but being 3.5 hours from Powell, we're there all the time. I have a houseboat in Bullfrog at Lake Powell so we're there every two weeks. Plus there's so much else to do that's within a 4 hour radius; Lake Powell, Denver, Moab, Salt Lake, Steamboat, tons of snowmobiling, you name it. Lots to do. Good luck with the move.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:22 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Buy Weed!!!

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 09-20-2018, 09:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 NXT22 Prior 2002 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Buy Weed!!!
Pass your drug test first!!! Then what Tim said.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:54 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 PS 205-351w,285HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD121 View Post
I'm in Grand Junction. I love it here. Small lake here locally, quite a few within a couple hours, but being 3.5 hours from Powell, we're there all the time. I have a houseboat in Bullfrog at Lake Powell so we're there every two weeks. Plus there's so much else to do that's within a 4 hour radius; Lake Powell, Denver, Moab, Salt Lake, Steamboat, tons of snowmobiling, you name it. Lots to do. Good luck with the move.
I lived in Winter Park for 5 years. I had a chance to spend a lot of time in Denver, Boulder, Grand Junction/Fruita (and Moab). I tell everyone young considering a move to CO to check out Grand Junction first. If I were fresh out of college I would find a job in Grand Junction area for the reasons you listed. And no I-70 traffic!
(Former) 1989 ProStar 190 Power Slot
Smith Mountain Lake, VA