Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2018, 10:25 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X star, 2019, ILMOR 7000
Screen/system resetting and PSM 2 error

The title pretty much explains it. Brand new 2019 X star and the touch screen keeps resetting every 2 minutes or so, making surfing or wakeboarding pretty much impossible because it resets the tabs and cruise.

On top of that (not sure if they are related or not), in “PDM diagnostics” PDM2 has a red “short circuit/out of range” indicator next to it under the “can communication” section.

Unsure if anyone has dealt with something like this, given it may only apply to 2018 & 2019 models, but I figured this was worth a shot. It’s our family reunion this week and I’d rather not pull it out of the water and drive it several hours to the nearest shop. Spoke with a tech from our shop and tried a few things that didn’t work and now he’s waiting to hear back from Mastercraft’s lead tech.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-31-2018, 10:27 PM
TT Newbie

I should add that everything has worked smoothly each of the last two morning, however everything trips out the past two afternoons and the first afternoon after we received the boat 4 days ago.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:28 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 XStar
Disable any Bluetooth connections, see if that stops it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2018, 10:50 PM
TT Newbie

I think you may be on to something here. Seems to have stopped the resetting. Now I just need to figure out the PSM 2 error as it controls the port tab so we’re unable to surf right for now. Thank you!
Old 07-31-2018, 10:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X23, 6000GDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daturnbull View Post
The title pretty much explains it. Brand new 2019 X star and the touch screen keeps resetting every 2 minutes or so, making surfing or wakeboarding pretty much impossible because it resets the tabs and cruise.

On top of that (not sure if they are related or not), in “PDM diagnostics” PDM2 has a red “short circuit/out of range” indicator next to it under the “can communication” section.

Unsure if anyone has dealt with something like this, given it may only apply to 2018 & 2019 models, but I figured this was worth a shot. It’s our family reunion this week and I’d rather not pull it out of the water and drive it several hours to the nearest shop. Spoke with a tech from our shop and tried a few things that didn’t work and now he’s waiting to hear back from Mastercraft’s lead tech.

My ‘18 did that when I had the usb connected to my phone.. now I use Bluetooth exclusively

Old 07-31-2018, 10:56 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 XStar
Yeah I saw posts about that, my bluetooth worked perfectly until I updated the screens last weekend, now if bluetooth connected it reset ever 2 minutes, but USB works perfectly. They may have fixed one and broke the other.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:37 PM
TT Newbie

Turning off Bluetooth seems to have solved the resetting issue. Now if I could just figure out this PDM 2 “can communication” problem... 3 days straight of everything working fine in the morning and then losing communication with PDM 2 in the afternoon.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:23 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1991 Prostar
I have the same issue with my 17 Prostar, CAN Communication errors, all red. Nobody seems to have a solution, nearest dealer 3 hours away
Old 08-02-2018, 12:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1958 DIY wood ski boat, 2008 X2
I can't believe what I'm reading.. that folks brand new boats north of six figures aren't able to surf or aren't working properly and the fix is unplug your phone or disable the Bluetooth. The race to one up the other manufacturer has caused things to officially "jump the shark". Funny that jumping the shark actually involved waterskiing

It's time to rethink these boat systems. Some should be integrated, and some just shouldn't.

I know my VDIG is a ticking time bomb with spare parts are becoming like the dodo, but the ol 2008 has been reliable 10 years in.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:44 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daturnbull View Post

It's good that you contacted the dealer, to relay this to MC- it's info like this that goes unnoticed when boat owners bypass their dealers in their search for answers.

Tags
2019, glitch, reset, screen, xstar