Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2018, 06:13 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2008, PS 197, LY6
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
Great looking MC! Welcome. This forum is a wealth of knowledge I think youíll find. I attached a couple pics of what it would look like with ZF3 mini tower. Donít believe anyone who says all it takes is one time (smashing your head) and you wonít do it again. I smash mine (bummer) all the time. Haha. The board racks, mirror, and bimini are awesome attachments I could not live without.

Question, did I see that you went from a similar color correct craft? Post up the pic.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2018, 07:02 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - MCX 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covi View Post
Great looking MC! Welcome. This forum is a wealth of knowledge I think youíll find. I attached a couple pics of what it would look like with ZF3 mini tower. Donít believe anyone who says all it takes is one time (smashing your head) and you wonít do it again. I smash mine (bummer) all the time. Haha. The board racks, mirror, and bimini are awesome attachments I could not live without.

Question, did I see that you went from a similar color correct craft? Post up the pic.
Your boat looks great! That's the look I am going for, and I love the idea of the integrated bimini and the board racks, mirror, etc...

The Nautique belongs to my brothers and I, and it's not going anywhere. I've been trying for years to buy them out of their share (because they never use it and I do all the maintenance), but they just weren't ready to part with their ownership of it... so my wife and I bit the bullet and got our own. The Nautique will be up at the lake house... ready for whoever wants to use it.

Here's the "other woman". '97 Ski Nautique 196. GT-40. Original Owner. 425 hours. Immaculate.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2018, 07:02 PM

Boat: XT22
Congrats. Great looking boat. I'd go with the ND mini over the ZFT3 mini. I've posted this a few times. When you stand up with the newer tower, you have to duck under to go to the back of the boat. The ND is right above you. Despite what Covi says, I don't think it will take more than one good bump to make you never do it again.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Sold X-Star 2010 -2019 Prostar
Nice

Congratulations!
Old 09-17-2018, 08:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2008, PS 197, LY6
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
There it is. Correct craft looks great also.

Haha, I laugh at JohnE comment. Heís right. It should take the ďnormalĒ person a one time head crack to learn.

John, funny Iíve smashed the tower going from back to front. Iíve also caught the bimini between the eyes going the other direction. Haha not sure what hurt more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTKammer View Post
Your boat looks great! That's the look I am going for, and I love the idea of the integrated bimini and the board racks, mirror, etc...

The Nautique belongs to my brothers and I, and it's not going anywhere. I've been trying for years to buy them out of their share (because they never use it and I do all the maintenance), but they just weren't ready to part with their ownership of it... so my wife and I bit the bullet and got our own. The Nautique will be up at the lake house... ready for whoever wants to use it.

Here's the "other woman". '97 Ski Nautique 196. GT-40. Original Owner. 425 hours. Immaculate.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:46 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft Prostar 197 & 1989 190
197's are the best. Good job.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-9 05
Great looking boat- I'm also a big fan of DD boats
Old 09-18-2018, 09:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 X5
Nice find and welcome. Are you in MI? I remember seeing that prostar somewhere online (I believe toward Detroit) and if not maybe Wayland? Either way, nice set up!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:39 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - MCX 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrowbot View Post
Nice find and welcome. Are you in MI? I remember seeing that prostar somewhere online (I believe toward Detroit) and if not maybe Wayland? Either way, nice set up!
Thanks. I am very happy with the find!

Yes... I am in Michigan. I'm in Hartland (west side of Metro Detroit), but the boat came from the west side of the state... over near Kalamazoo (and yes, it was posted online in a few spots).