Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 11-19-2018, 09:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Prostar 190
1994 Stern Gas Tank/Battery Panel Material...

Does anyone know what type of plastic is used on the 91-94 PS190 rear panel that covers the gas tank/battery in the stern? I just bought a new restoration project and I need to make a new panel.

Would you try and source the same plastic? It seems a shame to use wood (though it may be easier to make the carpet adhere to a thin plywood than the plastic). Any other bright ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
I believe it's 1/4" Starboard. Don't use plywood, you'll regret it when it starts to rot. Permatex Headliner and Carpet Adhesive will work great to get carpet to stick to Starboard
Old Yesterday, 12:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks for taking the time Miss Rita. Now that I have the name I'll see if I can find the material over the winter. The material is pretty pricey in Canada. The new project has a lot of wood. The floor and hull are great. That back panel and a couple of seat bases are shot. I'm going to do my best to avoid reusing wood. Thanks again.
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 01:39 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
Nice Sanger, and what a rocket!. I have a friend with one who barefoots almost exclusively. He had to re-do the floor.

Last edited by Miss Rita; Yesterday at 01:58 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Rita View Post
Nice Sanger, and what a rocket!. I have a friend with one who barefoots almost exclusively. He had to re-do the floor.

Hi,

Consider using foamed PVC boards. They come in a range of thicknesses are lightweight, sturdy and won’t rot.

One brand is called Sintra, https://graphicdisplayusa.com/produc...ra/sintra-pvc/

You’ll find this or similar at plastic distributors and/or DIY stores.

TH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Today, 01:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks for this also. I'm so used to Mastercraft construction, it is really strange (disconcerting) to see all of the wood. As I replace things I'd like to avoid more wood. That being said, the boat seems very well made. My son barefoots competitively. This was the cheapest way to get a good barefoot wake. These boats look very cool on the water. I hope it performs well. It wasn't easy having it shipped to Ontario from B.C.! As long as the motor has no surprises, all should be well. I enjoy the work and it should be a real head turner when it's done.
Attached Images