Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 07-19-2018, 09:36 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_thornton View Post
Thatís amazing Tim and so glad to hear she is healthy.
Totally get your decision to sell and sounds like its worked out well for you.
You getting into a new boat soon?
I'm still in the close hold mode on boats. We just had the 3rd brain MRI today and as you know, it's ****ing scary ****. I know it's going to be good news but I can't wait for the phone call. I probably wont get any sleep tonight and the phone call probably wont come until Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
This is great to read this morning, Jon. Congratulations!!! I guess I am embarrassed that I suggested selling the boat. It looks great, and certainly gave you something to look forward to.
John, you shouldn't feel anything about your suggestion. It's a very personal thing to talk about. What works for one family my not work for another. You speaking hypothetical as to what you would is just what it was.

I was extremely quick to position myself for the worst and hope for the best. Material objects are just that. It seems logical to make those moves. I would not be mad at anyone for make the same suggestions you made.

In the end, we'll probably end up with new boat and enjoying life how we see it. It's just a transition phase that we'll deal with.

I sure wish it was Friday already!

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 07-19-2018, 09:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I'm still in the close hold mode on boats. We just had the 3rd brain MRI today and as you know, it's ****ing scary ****. I know it's going to be good news but I can't wait for the phone call. I probably wont get any sleep tonight and the phone call probably wont come until Monday.

John, you shouldn't feel anything about your suggestion. It's a very personal thing to talk about. What works for one family my not work for another. You speaking hypothetical as to what you would is just what it was.

I was extremely quick to position myself for the worst and hope for the best. Material objects are just that. It seems logical to make those moves. I would not be mad at anyone for make the same suggestions you made.

In the end, we'll probably end up with new boat and enjoying life how we see it. It's just a transition phase that we'll deal with.

I sure wish it was Friday already!
Saying prayers for you guys Tim!

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 07-19-2018, 09:44 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
**** man ... Iím speechless
Old 07-31-2018, 09:18 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
**** man ... Iím speechless
Thank you Aric!

After many delays we finally got results. I'd love to slam her radiologist at this point! Going on a vacation and not setting up some sort of notification process while he was gone is just insane when you think about how many people are hanging on your words.

In the end, the brain MRI came back clean. We had to wait 2 extra weeks to get the results from her primary oncologist. We went camping and boating in that time but it was always in the back of my mind.

Hug your peeps!

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 07-31-2018, 10:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Ski Centurion Falcon
Congrats! That's great news. Still hoping to meet you in person sometime at Wind Creek...maybe this fall on a game day. If you're around then.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X45 2010 LY6
That’s awesome news Tim!

So happy for you and your family