Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-02-2018, 08:51 AM
EJ OJPROP's Avatar
EJ OJPROP EJ OJPROP is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 801
This is one of our very early systems. I would suggest an upgrade to the new system which is water cooled. Please give me a call for more info.
__________________
Eric Johnson
Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
[email protected]
ojprops.com
800-359-9730

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-02-2018, 11:32 AM
ldelosreyes12 ldelosreyes12 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: May 2018
Boat: 2005 X10 - MCX 5.7L
Location: Midwest
Posts: 35
Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ OJPROP View Post
This is one of our very early systems. I would suggest an upgrade to the new system which is water cooled. Please give me a call for more info.
Thanks, Eric!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-06-2018, 06:27 PM
ldelosreyes12 ldelosreyes12 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: May 2018
Boat: 2005 X10 - MCX 5.7L
Location: Midwest
Posts: 35
New dripless shaft seal

Bought a new dripless shaft seal system from Eric at OJ Props.
Eric Johnson
Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
ojprops.com
800-359-9730
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-20-2018, 02:02 AM
ldelosreyes12 ldelosreyes12 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: May 2018
Boat: 2005 X10 - MCX 5.7L
Location: Midwest
Posts: 35
New Glide dripless shaft seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ OJPROP View Post
This is one of our very early systems. I would suggest an upgrade to the new system which is water cooled. Please give me a call for more info.
Here's the new system installed. I tied in the tee to the water intake hose. Hope that's right...
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-20-2018, 08:12 AM
dbismyname dbismyname is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Boat: 1999 205v
Location: Southeast
Posts: 207
I didnít tie mine in there as I would think that hose has vacuum and not pressure. I tied in where water heads to exhaust manifold.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-20-2018, 09:26 AM
88 PS190 88 PS190 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,415
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Ya - I wouldn't install it there for 2 reasons;

1 - you may notice that any of the large through hull fittings have 2 hose clamps - this is a coast guard standard for thru hulls. You've tapped into that security and added a point of failure that will readily and fully swamp your boat if it comes apart.

2 - you want pressurized water source so tapping into an area that has pressurized flow is ideal, the line to the head is a good one.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-20-2018, 09:41 AM
ldelosreyes12 ldelosreyes12 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: May 2018
Boat: 2005 X10 - MCX 5.7L
Location: Midwest
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
Ya - I wouldn't install it there for 2 reasons;

1 - you may notice that any of the large through hull fittings have 2 hose clamps - this is a coast guard standard for thru hulls. You've tapped into that security and added a point of failure that will readily and fully swamp your boat if it comes apart.

2 - you want pressurized water source so tapping into an area that has pressurized flow is ideal, the line to the head is a good one.
Great! Thanks for the peace of mind
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-20-2018, 03:56 PM
88 PS190 88 PS190 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,415
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Ha well add a second hose clamp to each and try it off a bucket. Water should come out around shaft. If it isn't you'll have to reroute.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-20-2018, 04:10 PM
waterlogged882 waterlogged882 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: 93 190
Location: lake
Posts: 12,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelosreyes12 View Post
Here's the new system installed. I tied in the tee to the water intake hose. Hope that's right...
Incorrect location. You risk running a dry seal. Bad things will result.
__________________
John 14:6
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-20-2018, 04:18 PM
ldelosreyes12 ldelosreyes12 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: May 2018
Boat: 2005 X10 - MCX 5.7L
Location: Midwest
Posts: 35
Right place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlogged882 View Post
Incorrect location. You risk running a dry seal. Bad things will result.

Take it out and put it in the right place.... or start a new thread in a short while with a new install..

Do it right..........or not..

.Attachment 178574

credit to Seacup

.
Where is the right place?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 PM.


2018