Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 04-15-2018, 11:22 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: '96 Mastercraft Maristar 225VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by manowicki View Post
. Here's a drilled T-stat pic 4 u
Hello Manowicki, I have a 96 Maristar 225VRS and I only have the fuel filter after the fuel pump. My last Volvo Penta I/O had a nice spin-on fuel/water separator before the fuel pump. You mentioned that you put a fuel filter before your fuel pump, what did you use/how did you configure that? Could you shoot me or post a picture of what you did for a filter before the pump? I’d sure rather have the filter before the pump rather than after on a 22 year old boat! Thanks!
Old 04-16-2018, 07:51 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbwtrpolo View Post
Hello Manowicki, I have a 96 Maristar 225VRS and I only have the fuel filter after the fuel pump. My last Volvo Penta I/O had a nice spin-on fuel/water separator before the fuel pump. You mentioned that you put a fuel filter before your fuel pump, what did you use/how did you configure that? Could you shoot me or post a picture of what you did for a filter before the pump? I’d sure rather have the filter before the pump rather than after on a 22 year old boat! Thanks!
Find your fuel tank- it should have a filter near it. The second one is for catching anything that gets by.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:18 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft prostar 210 1993 Corvette LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswater
Can you just call me at 2623704005.

--- heres my story ---

1993 LT1 Fore firing into intake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 1993 Mastercraft prostar 205 with the corvette multi port injection, I have replaced the engine (everything else as well) after my engine was frozen and cracked. Prior to the block cracking it was already fore firing. There was not a significant event that had made it start fore firing, it just did one day. We had hoped that by replacing the engine that if it was a mechanical problem (Cam, lifters, valves, or intake manifold) it would have worked. It did not, exactly the same problem. Idles great and only "pops" at 3,000 rpm & higher. Timing light gets dimmer and jumps around at the 3000 rpm as well.
Anyone know how I can fix this?

I have put in New Fuel pump twice, fuel filters, Intake manifold, 8 injectors, spark plugs & wires, 4 ignition coils, Ignition control module, ECM, Throttle positioning sensor (TPS), (Map) Manifold air pressure sensor -three times, three temperature sensors -many times, knock sensor, thermostats, water recirculating & Seawater pickup pumps, crankshaft positioning sensors, Engine wiring harness with all relays-Indmar had 1 harness left, (IAC) Idle air control Motor, oil pressure sensor... I'm sure I’m forgetting to mention something!

I have replaced EVERYTHING BUT:
The Reluctor Wheel
Generator/alternator -I did have it out & tested twice
MEFI 1 ECU Computer

So, help me! I can't find a mefi 1 computer. I did send it out to OBD diagnostics in California who has flashed it & installed updated info with no changes -have exactly the same results. So if anyone has any of them, let me know and I hope we could work something out. I'm also suspecting the reluctor wheel as it has a very small chip out of it. Yeah... Just very frustrated!
The alternator or reluctor wheel wouldn't cause this. Do a cylinder leakdown test to see if you have a valve hanging up.

What made you replace all of those parts? Did you test everything, first? Have you scanned for codes? Did you re-check the firing order? If the coil packs have been moved around, it's possible that this is questionable.
Did a compression test & Found one cylinder head had zero compression pull the head and found a hole in the piston… Complete engine rebuild now and breaking in new engine but having issues with the temperature climbing to high. I have seen on another thread something about reworking the plumbing to solve the issue ?
Can someone direct me to the Service bulletin on how to replumb the cooling lines from the aluminum heads?
Jon
Old 07-18-2018, 08:38 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 190 with LT1
The Service Bulletin is on page 2 of this thread

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=31626&page=2
Old 07-21-2018, 12:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 ProStar 190 25th Anniversary Limited Edition LT1 Power Slot
There is a complete PDF of the TSB with post 110 of this thread.

Previous Boats:
2000 Ski Nautique
1992 Pro Star 190
1990 Pro Star 19