Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2017, 12:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 03 197TT 6.0 Cadillac LQ-9
Help! Slalom Skiers Stuck in Gatlinburg with the In Law's!

Okay. So I've been roped into a family reunion of my in-laws. We're in some house in Gatlinburg TN. My son and I were set to bring the boat as we originally planned to be on one of the big reservoirs down there. That's been nixed and now we're rubbing elbows in close proximity with my wife's siblings, parents, and their families. I spoke with a few guys on Team Talk a while back who invited us to join them skiing, but I can't find that thread for the life of me. Anybody out this weekend in the general vicinity that wouldn't mind a few fellow TT'ers?

I can tell you great stories about skiing with snow around the lake, how to put on and remove multiple wetsuits at the same time, and what life's like "Up North". We also would teach you to speak with a West Michigan accent, let your in on the secret of really good pasties, and explain the intricacies of driving in a blizzard. But that's not all! We also bring gas money (who DOESN'T do that ??!), slalom and barefoot with you, and generally add to the conversation in the boat. Think of it as foreign exchange for MC owners.

So please...have mercy on two unfortunate skiers this weekend. We're bringing our sticks, and would love to come ski with you!
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2017, 12:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Sucks to be you, but I know exactly how you feel. If you want a sure fire way to clear the room, put on the movie Urban Cowboy - works every time for me.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Ski Centurion Falcon
Hopefully someone will step up and host you. You make a good plea and I'm sure it'll be entertaining. You're not far at all from Douglas Lake. My family used to do our annual lake reunion on that lake for years. Until, my cousin built his place up on Cherokee Lake...that's not a super far drive for you either. Norris would be a bit further, but for the right crew...
Old 06-20-2017, 01:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Driving isn't an issue. Believe me, the more time away, the better.

Slalomjunkie - I'm from Michigan. We just play "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot. Most of us up here know all/some of the words. It's like an Irishman singing "Oh Danny Boy"
Old 06-20-2017, 01:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Ski Centurion Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdhntr View Post
Driving isn't an issue. Believe me, the more time away, the better.

Slalomjunkie - I'm from Michigan. We just play "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot. Most of us up here know all/some of the words. It's like an Irishman singing "Oh Danny Boy"
Ha ha! I grew up in Michigan twice. Other side of the state though. I lived in West Bloomfield. Lots of lakes around where I was. But, the water was colder and the season shorter than where I live in Alabama now. We skied without wetsuits into mid-October last season.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:49 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
10 hours from Grand Rapids, just tow her.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X 45 with LY6
Would have had you up to Douglas but leaving Thursday to New Orleans for business. Hope someone local can help you out.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdhntr View Post
I think you'd clear me out as well with that GL song LOL
Old 06-20-2017, 02:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Moose-
Here's the deal. That WAS the plan. But "things changed". Wife doesn't like idea of me and The Boy being gone the WHOLE weekend. But...if we were to be joining up with some good friends from online, that's a different situation. How often do you get the chance to do that?! But drag the boat down and skip out on the whole family thing? Not lookin good. At least not while expecting to get back into my own house when we get back to MI.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:53 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 ProStar 205
I don't believe you. The news reported that the entire town of Gatlinburg was burnt down last year.