Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 08-19-2011, 09:36 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2014 MasterCraft X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC X-15 View Post
08 x-15. all my pumps are shot and to be honest only worked well for the first few outings. Had them replaced under warranty once, again all shot. Its a terrible design IMO. And for the amount of cash these boats are they need to fix the design or pumps or somehting. Very unhappy customer with the ballast. I use fat sacs now which sucks.
Have you checked the impellers and how often did you change them?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
They are on timers, but I always turn off once the BIG shows the tank full or empty. I never leave them on or relay on the timer.
I am pretty sure that you don't have timers since you have Plug and Play. Easy enough to test, try to leave the pump on for more that the timer setting in your BIG. I can run the port pump for 12 minutes straight (and usually have to to get all of the surf bags filled )
Old 08-19-2011, 03:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-15 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxX2 View Post
Have you checked the impellers and how often did you change them?
All impellers have been changed to green. All pumps look brand new. I do only get to use my boat every other weekend so maybe bc they dont get use daily the may be crapping out. Like i said, at one point they all worked. Then one stopped. one wouldnt fill, one wouldnt empty. Then got 2 replaced under warranty. Then fixed them myself. Its been a battle. My local dealership went out of biz bc they sucked big time. Im kinda over it and resort to fat sacs. Would be nice to use them though bc its a nice option and sure is easier than fat sacs.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:11 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2014 MasterCraft X30
I would bench test them before I changed them. You can put power to them from a battery and take the cover off. If the pump is running but the impeller is not moving could be the shaft stripped out the center of the impeller. Also call Jason at wakemakers. I know he has rebuilt more than a few of these. Hope this helps.