Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2018, 09:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
2019 XT20 Options

Good evening everyone

Looking for input on options for a 2019 XT20.

Our current build has the Advanced Audio with 7” screen. I like the idea of the analog gauges, but not opposed to the dual screen setup.

We recently learned, we are not able to add integrated LED speaker rings without premium audio. Our dealer offered to install the LEDs separately with a concealed switch, but I am not interested.

Would also love the upgraded audio that comes with the premium package, but do not necessarily care about the GoPro integration, rear facing camera, GPS, etc.

What is everyone’s thoughts on the two packages? Is the “Accent Lighting” color you select during the build substantial enough to no longer need the speaker rings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2018, 10:51 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2019 XT20, 1998 Prostar 190
Do It.....

I have the 2019 XT20 and put 79 hours on it this summer. Delivered 7/23.
Dual screen - awesome. Simply awesome. You will care about the rear facing camera when you spend lots of time in it. If you are the driver like me and after a 6 hour session your neck can get jacked. Rear facing camera keeps your eye on the road and on the rider. Go pro - agree with you, no big deal not a go pro person but my kids are 9 and 7 so we just video from phone. Sure they will teach me how that stuff works someday
Advanced audio is a must if you want to control who you can speak with if the rider wants to hear the music. So easy to just make changes to the different zones with the touch of a finger. All on one screen.
Have the blue led rings and run them at 10% most of the time as the courtesy lights and accent lighting give as much illumination as you want. My issue was I still need to actually see where I am going at night. The “wow” factor is cool but not needed.

If I was to reorder again, I would not consider changing. Both options if you can, you should.

Hopefully answered your questions. Let me know if I can help. All the best in the decisions.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:39 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT-4-TEACHER View Post
Good evening everyone

Our current build has the Advanced Audio with 7” screen. I like the idea of the analog gauges, but not opposed to the dual screen setup.

We recently learned, we are not able to add integrated LED speaker rings without premium audio. Our dealer offered to install the LEDs separately with a concealed switch, but I am not interested.

Would also love the upgraded audio that comes with the premium package, but do not necessarily care about the GoPro integration, rear facing camera, GPS, etc.

What is everyone’s thoughts on the two packages? Is the “Accent Lighting” color you select during the build substantial enough to no longer need the speaker rings?

Personally I love the new 7 In screen haven't seen it in person but it does do zone audio. I would go with rocker switch for the led lights vs spending the extra 5k for the upgraded dual audio screens. I think it's cool feature for the dual and a must have on a x series boat but for an xt I think the resell will be in there for the 7 in vs the 4 in screen. Also the 7 does save profiles

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 09:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft Prostar 205V "wakeboard edition", 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBHME View Post
You will care about the rear facing camera when you spend lots of time in it. Rear facing camera keeps your eye on the road and on the rider. Go pro - agree with you, no big deal not a go pro person

Advanced audio is a must if you want to control who you can speak with if the rider wants to hear the music. So easy to just make changes to the different zones
'18 XT20 and agree w/ both these points. Haven't followed what changed for '19 (stuck my head in the sand).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 10:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBHME View Post
Have the blue led rings and run them at 10% most of the time as the courtesy lights and accent lighting give as much illumination as you want. My issue was I still need to actually see where I am going at night. The “wow” factor is cool but not needed.

Thank you for this....can you tell me where the Accent Lighting exists? Is it just above the cup holders? I am trying to understand if it has its own “WOW factor” or if i still need LED rings for night cruises.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:47 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '18 x23, '15 x10
Accent lighting is throughout the boat - cup holders and lights under the seats toward the floor of the boat. Light rings just light up around the speakers. My neighbor has it on his MC, it’s gotta be just for show. It’s a bit much IMO, but to each their own.

Get the dual screens btw. The back up camera alone is worth it.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:54 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: X23 2018 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT-4-TEACHER View Post
Good evening everyone

I would order the 7" screen and full digital display every time. But don't take my word for it. Have the dealer show you both.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:42 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2019 XT20, 1998 Prostar 190
Xc500 nailed it. My issue is it is the rings are very bright so I have trouble seeing where I am going and I know the lake and every dock, rock, island ...

It has the wow factor.