Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 03-18-2018, 10:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Maristar 200 VRS
1995 Maristar Dash & Gauge Replacement

I've searched various threads and internet for the answer to this question; however, I wanted to verify with the knowledgeable folks here...

I am about to replace my gauges and dash panels on our '95 Maristar - from what I've read it seems the MDC Medallion started in/around 1999 - is that correct? So, I'm not going to have to worry about by-passing that?

We bought the Faria Cheaspeake SS Black 6 Gauge Set with GPS Speedometer as our replacements, definitely going to be an upgrade to the 23 year old gauges currently in her. Here is a pic of the gauges, we also bought the matching depth finder as ours was on the blitz this past Summer, along with another Tach with hour meter.

We are also having Greg cut us some dash panels, can not wait to put everything together in a few weeks. I'll document the process here.

Thanks in Advance.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2018, 02:00 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1997 Maristar 200
Doing the exact same thing with my 97 maristar. Where might i ask did you pick all the gauges up from? We had Greg do our dash panels, turned out great, awesome guy.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTY View Post
Doing the exact same thing with my 97 maristar. Where might i ask did you pick all the gauges up from? We had Greg do our dash panels, turned out great, awesome guy.
Yep, looking forward to the new gauges and dash panels from Greg as well. I picked them up from Boatersland.com - went with Faria as I've heard really good things about them. Would love to see some pictures of yours...
Old 03-20-2018, 05:35 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1997 Maristar 200
Thanks for the info, that helps a ton. I'll try to get pics soon. Currently still in pieces, snows melting quick so need to get my ducks in a row.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

NP, anytime. I went with a GPS speedo as well, no more worrying about the pitot off the stern. I also opted to add another tach with an hour meter as the one in the package didn't have an hour meter on it.

New depth finder as well... pretty excited that everything is finally going to 100% work and look awesome.