Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2017, 06:23 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell12 View Post
Wow.. that boat is hideous. I like the x2 and have spent a lot of time on a friends. Winter is coming up and would be the best time to complete the interior/exterior project. But yea, ditch the wrap and have a new OEM interior and I am sure it will turn out beautiful. Don't worry about the gel, it will come out looking clean with the right products and some attention to detail.
I agree, I am worried about what the gel might look like underneath. I"m wondering if it would be worth it to just try it as is and replace the interior when the vinyl wrap starts falling off. It's just painful to look at.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:24 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzamosny View Post
My son would just love that green and black boat. I actually think it is very nice. Again, from up north here we don't get that hot so the seats wouldn't be a big deal. For the price...i would run her just like that. I paid alot more...i mean lots more for a 2009 X2 with a tandem trailer. Unfortunately we get the opportunity to pay more money for boats in Canada. Sigh.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Another strategy would be to just use as is like you said and maybe in a few years sell it and not lose out to much. The problem is finding a buyer....
Old 09-21-2017, 06:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2016 X30 (2015 X20 sold) (2006 X15 sold)
Pics of the x30?
Old 09-21-2017, 07:11 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
No matter the looks, as long as the gel underneath isn't trashed, 23k is a steal.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 09-21-2017, 07:16 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkidwell View Post
Pics of the x30?
No pics of the x-30 sorry. Just imagine a perfect one boat with 500 hours. Brand new vinyl looks just like factory.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:19 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
No matter the looks, as long as the gel underneath isn't trashed, 23k is a steal.
I think so too. I said 23 but with fees/taxes it's at 25. My wife never owed a boat growing up. I grew up with one. She's having a hard time stomaching 25 but I'm trying to tell her this might be it! It seems like a great price for a Swiss army type boat.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Not as fugly as I imagined, but I like Arctic Cats...ditch pickle green!
Doesn't seem like a bad deal, and the redo on the seats looks better than expected, but yeah you CAN'T have those seats in a navy blue boat! Kids will learn where not to sit, lol.

Look at it this way, winter is coming, more X2s made than any other MC in that era means lots for sale. Getting down to $30k will be tough though unless its beat hard.

I'd first, low ball the goof ball that screwed up his X2, IF its solid and clean elsewhere, AND he has proof of the gel condition before he wrapped it. (I can picture a bondo spot the size of the front of a jet ski under the wrap!) Have enough comfort in the price to drown out the buyers remorse. Rock the boat as is for a year and see how it goes. Bet you get compliments. Unless your wife wont be seen in it or will divorce you for having it in the garage...

Older X 30s are nice, but, IMO that's retail price, not fall pricing. Old hull, old tech, old tower, old....you get the point. Unless you're in love with that hull for some reason.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 09-21-2017, 07:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakesurf6786 View Post
I think so too. I said 23 but with fees/taxes it's at 25. My wife never owed a boat growing up. I grew up with one. She's having a hard time stomaching 25 but I'm trying to tell her this might be it! It seems like a great price for a Swiss army type boat.
It IS hard to explain how 25 grand is a "steal", especially when it's not really what you want and there's some risk under the wrap. Just show her one of those used X23s for 110k and a used new style X10 for 75k and she will let you spend 35 on a nice X2!
They do work well. Small enough that anyone can drive it. Surfs well, boards well, skis ok, pulls the sh_t out of a tube.. Fits 2 families with small kids comfortably and handles rough water ok.

I'm all about a good deal and buying used, but if you really think you will have the boat for a long time, alot of the deprecation has gone out of the X2's. Spend a little more for a cherry one and it'll hold value pretty well. Have had mine for 8 years now and if I sold it tomorrow, im out maybe 5 grand (including mods, sound system, heater, etc) from my purchase price..

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 09-21-2017, 07:38 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Not as fugly as I imagined, but I like Arctic Cats...ditch pickle green!
Doesn't seem like a bad deal, and the redo on the seats looks better than expected, but yeah you CAN'T have those seats in a navy blue boat! Kids will learn where not to sit, lol.

Look at it this way, winter is coming, more X2s made than any other MC in that era means lots for sale. Getting down to $30k will be tough though unless its beat hard.

I'd first, low ball the goof ball that screwed up his X2, IF its solid and clean elsewhere, AND he has proof of the gel condition before he wrapped it. (I can picture a bondo spot the size of the front of a jet ski under the wrap!) Have enough comfort in the price to drown out the buyers remorse. Rock the boat as is for a year and see how it goes. Bet you get compliments. Unless your wife wont be seen in it or will divorce you for having it in the garage...

Older X 30s are nice, but, IMO that's retail price, not fall pricing. Old hull, old tech, old tower, old....you get the point. Unless you're in love with that hull for some reason.
You read my mind. I've thought it through since I posted and if there is enough comfort room I can at least try the green and black next year and reupholster next fall. It's at a dealer and they don't know the condition of the gel. Just the color based on the boat vin. I think they realize it's a tough sell going to fall and are ready to cut bait.

My wife is practical so the color scheme isn't the end all. I think she's leaning more towards an I/o, which I do not wan,t simply because it is cheaper. I want to be able to surf.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
You need to tell her if it wasn't ugly, it be a mid to low 30k dollar boat all day

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten

Tags
vinyl, wrap, x-2, x-30