Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 09-05-2018, 03:27 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Achilles sg124
Hey OP you need to build a wider gate. I ran a 6 by 9 gate on my boat and had the same thing. Then built a 8.5 x 10 inch gate and got a butter smooth goofy wave.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:47 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2011 X-Star 6.2 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
Hey OP you need to build a wider gate. I ran a 6 by 9 gate on my boat and had the same thing. Then built a 8.5 x 10 inch gate and got a butter smooth goofy wave.
Great info.. thank you, Iíll definately play around and see what I can come up with. Iím currently running the Nauticurl suck gate and while Iím not sure what size the face on it is, Iíd probly run into issues fitting anything much bigger into the lower ledge I stick it to.. maybe Iíll get some measurements and cut some wood to stick to the face of it and see what happens.. Iíve played around with Aricís suggestion of more front weight, and for now it seems to have helped a bit. I was already running everything I had up front, so now I only fill the rear bags about half full, and it seems to have knocked that goofy spray down to manageable levels, wave just isnít as tall... you win some you lose some I guess lol
Old 09-06-2018, 07:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Achilles sg124
putting weight in the front raises the rear and cause you to lose wave steepness. The deeper your rear in the water makes more water flow come over the gate and that is why you need a wider gate. Good luck