Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2018, 08:54 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2015 X23
Help with colors X24 order

Getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering an X24 and need some help with color choices. Here is what we have nailed down so far. Exterior going white, viper red and some gunmetal flake. Interior base 1 & 2 coolfeel gray with coolfeel viper red in base 3 as an accent. My question then becomes what thread color, monograms and stitch pattern? My thought is black thread to give some accent to the gray base, Flint monograms which I think appear mainly in the red areas, and I'm leaning towards using the X stitch. Any thoughts or ideas? I want something that will sell easily so nothing crazy. Anyone have a good picture of coolfeel gray with black thread?

Thanks
Chuck
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2018, 09:14 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 19 X24
You could just buy mine and save yourself a bunch of hassle with picking colors!!

To answer your question though...... do the monograms in black, and your stitching in red.

The red stitching will accent really nicely on the dash, and the black monograms will pop nicely on the red background on interior base #3.

I have sort of an inverted scheme to that. The black and red accenting each other works really nice though.
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2018, 09:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbucket1 View Post
Getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering an X24 and need some help with color choices. Here is what we have nailed down so far. Exterior going white, viper red and some gunmetal flake. Interior base 1 & 2 coolfeel gray with coolfeel viper red in base 3 as an accent. My question then becomes what thread color, monograms and stitch pattern? My thought is black thread to give some accent to the gray base, Flint monograms which I think appear mainly in the red areas, and I'm leaning towards using the X stitch. Any thoughts or ideas? I want something that will sell easily so nothing crazy. Anyone have a good picture of coolfeel gray with black thread?

Thanks
Chuck
I personally wouldn't use black stitching on such a light base. There is no black anywhere else on your design. I would use red or grey stitching. But it's your boat, so you just gotta go with what speaks to you!
Old 11-18-2018, 11:22 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Good looking spec. Will look good for a long time.
I think Iíd do the flint monograms, will match the seats and look classy.
No comment on thread.
For the gel, have you considered silver flake? The gunmetal looks really good in bright sun, but I think it looks more dark grey or almost black in the shade or overcast. It would be a huge change to your boat though....
Old 11-18-2018, 09:28 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2015 X23
Thanks for the advice from all.

I had originally thought red thread so that's an easy change.

Fourforty, have you tried the X-stitch? I'm probably going in that direction. Also what flooring did you pick on your x24? I'm thinking the factory Seadek over the Deckadence.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2018, 09:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 19 X24
I am not a fan of the X stitch at all. The seams just arenít as clean in my opinion.

I did my own SeaDek setup. Just got the proof for it actually. Should have it in a couple weeks.
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2018, 11:37 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Help with colors X24 order

I always liked the contrast X Stitching. Especially with darker contrast thread on lighter skins. Red on light grey or platinum looks tremendous, baseball comes to mind.

That said, you can see what 440 refers to on the corner seam X Stitching, looks like it pulls a bit on the thinner Cool Feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-19-2018, 11:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190 351 Indmar
Send a message via MSN to stuartmcnair
Skittles or nothing...
Old 11-19-2018, 12:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
440, I haven't seen an ad for the X24
Old 11-19-2018, 12:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
I have enjoyed the look of the cross stitching on my X23. Put 100 hours on it this year. Looks and works great for me. Pic taken at factory so has some white lint on it. That is gone now. LOL.
Attached Images