Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-21-2017, 08:57 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMann View Post
We all have them, this is my sons pinewood derby car with working LED lights and weighing in at exactly 5oz. Unfortunately is wasn't very fast but it looked good. Next year we will have to put some extra time into making it fast.
As a kid I never lost. As an adult my son never finished out of the top 3 in the Pack. Here is a good video to watch that helped get us out of the 3rd place and into the top spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RjJtO51ykY

The 'rail-riding' and bent axles were basically the only thing I hadn't been doing that put us over the top. I would also put more weight back than they suggest, but just a little bit. Enjoy.

"It is no coincidence that the century of total war coincided with the century of central banking" - Ron Paul
Old 02-21-2017, 10:40 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
CP, I worked with a guy who had his masters in both physics and mechanical engineering that was big time into scouts with his son and used to kill everyone with their pinewood derby cars. He gave me most of those same tips when my son got up to that point in scouts and my son won several years in a row with several different cars. Funny story dealing with that, my son was hand carving the shape of one of his cars with a razor sharp pocket knife when it slipped and caught him in the webbing between his thumb and index finger, had to get about a dozen stitches but he learned a valuable lesson on NOT cutting towards his hand... I'll have to see if I can find and take pictures of some of his old cars.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:02 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
CP, I worked with a guy who had his masters in both physics and mechanical engineering that was big time into scouts with his son and used to kill everyone with their pinewood derby cars. He gave me most of those same tips when my son got up to that point in scouts and my son won several years in a row with several different cars. Funny story dealing with that, my son was hand carving the shape of one of his cars with a razor sharp pocket knife when it slipped and caught him in the webbing between his thumb and index finger, had to get about a dozen stitches but he learned a valuable lesson on NOT cutting towards his hand... I'll have to see if I can find and take pictures of some of his old cars.
My Dad kept all my old cars. I even have some from my brothers which at this point are 45 year old pinewood derby cars. We would run them against some of my cars when we were setting up the track to test it out. Good times.

"It is no coincidence that the century of total war coincided with the century of central banking" - Ron Paul
Old 02-21-2017, 08:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1988 ProStar 200, 1991 Mercury 2.5L 200hp XRi Outboard
Definitely a fun activity for the Scout and their Dad. The boys get quite excited when they have a winning car.
Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X2 5.7 Pro Surf Gen 2
Not an MC but still a shame to see any boat treated like this. Neighbors dock who lives full time out of state. Stupid pigeons roost in the rafters. Whole boat and dock is a mess
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 mastercraft CSX, mcx350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt37803 View Post
Not an MC but still a shame to see any boat treated like this. Neighbors dock who lives full time out of state. Stupid pigeons roost in the rafters. Whole boat and dock is a mess

I know a guy who had to have part of his lung removed, because he inhaled a piece of pigeon sh$it.

How, they narrowed it down to him working as a truck driver because they have a ton of pigeon sh$it @ the loading docks. And that's where the bacteria stems from. True story!!. I call them flying rats.

You might want to get rid of them, expecally if you there neighbors.

Sent from using my stupid Iphone.
Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190 1992
Goose $h!t on the dock is a close runner up to that pigeon crap.
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
no doubt, whats worse than goose poop, otter poop. smells way worse and much harder to get off.
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X20
He needs bird spikes - I had to put this along my lift to keep the cranes off - and it has worked flawlessly!!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bird-X-10...FZuCswodF7sEgA
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6KidSurf View Post
He needs bird spikes - I had to put this along my lift to keep the cranes off - and it has worked flawlessly!!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bird-X-10...FZuCswodF7sEgA
And a pet falcon