Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-04-2017, 03:29 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loewen View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNUrnCWHVI

This advice from Mike Leach is all you need...
^^LMFAO - awesome and true.

Try mentioning a pre-nup. If they refuse to sign it, end the relationship immediately on the spot.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
^^LMFAO - awesome and true.

Try mentioning a pre-nup. If they refuse to sign it, end the relationship immediately on the spot.
There is a lot more to life than money and belongings. I am 1000% not mentioning a pre-nup, because it has never once crossed my mind, from the first moment we met, that I would spend my life with anyone but her. Your bad marriage goggles are definitely showing, and not all women are Satan.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 12-04-2017, 03:58 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
^^^ Agreed.

Be sure you both agree on beliefs and money. Committed with one another for life, is the correct way to enter a marriage. Not just to "try it on".

And with any luck, Leach will remain our WSU football coach so we can enjoy more interesting thoughts from him....such as big foot, aliens, pirates, etc.

1994 205, LT1
Old 12-04-2017, 04:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
The way I see it, it's like having an insurance plan. Hope you never need it, glad you have it in case you do. I was told to get one by a family member, and I thought "I don't have anything to take, I dont need it..." Fast forward 10+ years and you'll quickly see yourself losing 60% of your hard earned possessions, including things you owned / had previous to even marrying. Just a little friendly advice, not wishing anyone bad, but IMO all they want is security, the rest is all icing on the cake.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X-30 6.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
It's Aric's style to leave out highly relevant information in most of his posts. Insert Dad's boat and brother's wedding in here.

lol
Late to the party, but easily the best post ever written in Teamtalk history

I was already writing the text to Aric wondering why I didn't get a text beforehand when I saw this and burst out laughing.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:47 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Congrats on the future engagement!

Everything has a chance of failing... It's what you do to avoid failure that makes the achievement that much better.

The "divorce goggles" you speak of are a real thing, but the advice given by those with a tainted outlook on marriage, should be taken in with as much clout as the advice given by those with the marital bliss goggles. In between those two extremes lies everyday reality.

From the day you say "I do", life is no longer about you. If that is a problem, than you are better off not being married. There shouldn't be a decision made or action taken without input from your wife and that courtesy should be reciprocated from her as well. When the two of you take a vow to act as an indivisible team who are going for the same goals, a lot can be accomplished. Conversely, when one deviates, an implosion is short to follow.

Good luck, I am sure there are a lot of great things ahead.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X-30 6.0L
My dad always told me he has the last two words in any argument with my mother. No matter what the discussion is over or how heated it gets, it always ends when he says: "yes dear"
Old 12-04-2017, 05:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Congrats on the future engagement!

Everything has a chance of failing... It's what you do to avoid failure that makes the achievement that much better.

The "divorce goggles" you speak of are a real thing, but the advice given by those with a tainted outlook on marriage, should be taken in with as much clout as the advice given by those with the marital bliss goggles. In between those two extremes lies everyday reality.

From the day you say "I do", life is no longer about you. If that is a problem, than you are better off not being married. There shouldn't be a decision made or action taken without input from your wife and that courtesy should be reciprocated from her as well. When the two of you take a vow to act as an indivisible team who are going for the same goals, a lot can be accomplished. Conversely, when one deviates, an implosion is short to follow.

Good luck, I am sure there are a lot of great things ahead.
Incredible response, really really well written Sodar.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:17 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 Maristar 200VRS X2
Pre-nup, because nobody marries a b!tch.

Just kiddin, I married my wife 23 years ago and I would marry her again tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X2 5.7 Pro Surf Gen 2
^^^^^ This 35 years and would do it all over again with the same woman.