Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2014, 12:59 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 X-30
Gen 2 Operation

I have a 2013 X-30 with Gen 2 and I am just getting started using it (took it out last weekend for the first time to surf). Initially I selected "Surf Left" in the profiles and the first few sets were great. Then I jumped in the lake and a buddy took over driving. I surf goofy so he attempted to set up for that. I surfed a couple of sets and then the wake went to crap and the boat couldn't make it up to speed for the cruise to take over. I jumped in the boat to see what was going on and it looked like the surf tab wasn't retracting when the boat was stopped. I'm guessing he had messed with the manual tab switch. We ran out of light so I couldn't finish playing with it but I am curious if any of you know the proper way to operate the system? If you start playing with the manual switch does is override the tabs and leave them deployed when you stop? Any of your suggestions for operation would be appreciated!

-some guy I should have listened to a long time ago.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:52 PM
TT Regular

Boat: '14 X46 7.4L
From my experience the taps will redeploy to the new profile settings when you activate that profile. Any manual adjustments will be reset as well.

Interestingly I had my wake go MIA last night. Activating new profiles would not bring it back. Tabs were not moving and the manual switch did not appear to be doing anything to the wake. Shut everything thing down, batteries off, fired everything back up and it worked fine after that.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:32 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts View Post
I have a 2013 X-30 with Gen 2 and I am just getting started using it (took it out last weekend for the first time to surf). Initially I selected "Surf Left" in the profiles and the first few sets were great. Then I jumped in the lake and a buddy took over driving. I surf goofy so he attempted to set up for that. I surfed a couple of sets and then the wake went to crap and the boat couldn't make it up to speed for the cruise to take over. I jumped in the boat to see what was going on and it looked like the surf tab wasn't retracting when the boat was stopped. I'm guessing he had messed with the manual tab switch. We ran out of light so I couldn't finish playing with it but I am curious if any of you know the proper way to operate the system? If you start playing with the manual switch does is override the tabs and leave them deployed when you stop? Any of your suggestions for operation would be appreciated!
Go Bolts?
Where are you?

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Old 06-10-2014, 05:38 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
Go Bolts?
Where are you?
I'm in AlaBAMA, thanks for asking!

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 06-10-2014, 05:40 PM
TT Regular

I'm in Salty Lake City

Old 06-10-2014, 09:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X30
Were you able to retract your tabs?
Old 06-11-2014, 10:56 PM
TT Regular

So I talked to my dealership yesterday and they told me the surf tab should stay deployed in-between sets. They even thought the Surf profile turns off the auto-launch (but they weren't 100% certain). So it appears that something went wrong in the logic of the system and the only fix was to turn off the engine and then re-start. That seemed to reset everything. I'll be back out surfing in the next few days so I'm going to run it through the paces again...

Old 06-12-2014, 08:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-25 6.2 Ilmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts View Post
So I talked to my dealership yesterday and they told me the surf tab should stay deployed in-between sets. They even thought the Surf profile turns off the auto-launch (but they weren't 100% certain). So it appears that something went wrong in the logic of the system and the only fix was to turn off the engine and then re-start. That seemed to reset everything. I'll be back out surfing in the next few days so I'm going to run it through the paces again...
I have had multiple problems with deploying tabs. And mastercraft and my dealer have been awesome about it. They had an x25 in the water at the plant with engineers trying to replicate my problems and eventually did. They have said the partial deployment is coming from a software issue in the gen II that is created by low voltage in the system. They are coming up with a fix for it but in the meantime they told me to run the boat for a few minutes before using any of the rider settings to build the voltage up in the system. I have tried that and so far no deployment issues. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 X23 6.2L
I have an issue that whatever profile is activated will not work if the boat is turned off between sets. All the tabs return to 0. I have to use all my switches manually unless the boat is underway. Is this a similar issue?
Old 06-12-2014, 09:35 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2016 X23; 2015 X20; 2014 X10; 2013 MB 21
I've had to do a few (two or three) hard resets where I turn the battery off and then back on and that seems to fix any issues I've had.

Tags
gen 2, surf, wakesurfing, x-30