Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2018, 09:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 XT23 6000GDI, 1998 Prostar S&S LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevext23 View Post
Michael, that image of the black is exactly what I have in a few spots. What happened when you showed dealer?

They replaced the interior. The early black has issues I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael
'65 Old Town Canoe
'98 Prostar 35th Anniversary LT1
'17 XT23 6000GDI
Old 07-09-2018, 03:01 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
those are go pro mounts that are missing the caps so you will get water in the bilge
Old 07-09-2018, 04:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevext23 View Post
Michael, that image of the black is exactly what I have in a few spots. I see you changed it to blue. Looks good. Why did you not go back to Black?? Is there an issue with ALL black vinyl?

Missed this question.

In the research I had done I found that black was a touch thinner and was the only one having these delaminating issues. Instead of wondering if it would happen again in black, I chose to change colors. FWIW, I skied with someone in a 50th pro star and noticed the new black is much better looking. The foam and substrate are also different in the 50th and my new interior.

Michael
'65 Old Town Canoe
'17 XT23 6000GDI
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X23, 6000GDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by swb911 View Post
MY 17 XT23 which I took delivery on in May of 17 has had enough issues now that MC is going to re-do the entire interior vinyl in the boat. I am right now talking with them and my dealer on how this will all play out. I have a few questions for you all before I bring in the boat as MC is a bit tight lipped on what is going on with the vinyl supplier. They are currently wanting my dealer to install the interior at the cost to the dealer (which surprisingly they have agreed to do -- many cheers to Stancraft of Idaho and if you have seen the boats that Stancraft custom builds I am sure that they will do a fantastic job). My questions are as follows:
1) has anyone else had issues with the vinyl itself or did I get a bad lot? My cool feel black and cool feel corsair blue has some of the top coat peeling off showing a white base layer. This is in areas of little to no use and I only have about 30 hours on the boat. I am contemplating not going with the cool feel if this issue will happen again (like in after the warrenty period)
2) has anyone had issues with the install and stitching of the seams (I have the "X" top stitch). In primary areas on the boat, the stitching has already begun to shrink and pull leaving hundreds of little flaws where the thread goes into the vinyl. It looks horrible. This is mainly on the seat bottoms where lots of traffic happens.
3) I have lots of cool feel white in the boat and this is the hardest to clean material I have ever encountered. I have to use a horsehair brush with babes to lightly scrub before I wipe off... This is for any bit of "stain". Like a single foot print from a dirty foot leaves a stain. On my other boats, this would just wipe off. Mastercraft recommended using a magic eraser... I am sure that this will work, although for long term what will this do to the top layer of the vinyl?

So, go ahead with your comments... cool feel issues? is it worth it to try again? shouldn't MC pay my dealer to do the work that their QC did not catch?

Thank you in advance.
So, we've had the x-23 with cool feel throughout the boat since December and have 75 hours already on the boat. We finally have had a few heat waves here in California, and I have to say that this product has completely exceeded my expectations! Even on a 105 degree day, you can sit directly on this material and it will not burn you or make you uncomfortable. On the other plus side, it appears extremely durable. It cleans up nicely with Seat Soap and we constantly protect it with 303. The only test to continue to do now is long term durability. I freakin love this fabric, and I have gotten so many compliments from other boat owners about how nice it looks and it almost looks like leather (we have dessert sand, I think its called.) Anyway, huge SO to MC on developing and putting this on the boats.
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

I agree. Completely worth the upgrade. And now that they have fixed the issues with the black, the black is great too.

Michael
'65 Old Town Canoe
'17 XT23 6000GDI