Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 10-12-2014, 03:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 91 Mastercraft Prostar
Nick certainly let me know. I store it in the Boston area maybe could meet up and congrats on your purchase. I'm very satisfied with my interior and you can't beat the price.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 91 Mastercraft Prostar
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...&storeId=10001

This is what I was thinking...
Old 08-25-2015, 06:45 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1991 Prostar
my 1991 prostar restoration!

I recently purchased a 1991 prostar with only 500 hrs, but the hull needs some buffing!! I have been using your project as my guide, I am glad you bought a 1991! I removed all the decals and am going to begin compounding and buffing this weekend. The gelcoat was badly oxidized around the decals, did you have the same issues? Were you able to buff it out?

I purchased the 3m products and have the same makita, looking forward to the project!
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2015, 09:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 MasterCraft Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismath88 View Post
Thanks Mike, I wish lol, she's been a garage queen. Carb rebuild didn't go smoothly so while that's being rebuilt again I'm continuing cosmetics. Maybe redoing rub rail rivets tomorrow.. This winter I'm going to resand the stern as the old vinyl left raised impressions maybe from compounding over them. Gauge cluster will be winter too. But good news is the boat lift I purchased is finally done being welded. Will hopefully use the boat later this month. I'll post thoes pictures for sure. As the cold is probably soon to creep over the north too soon...

Red stripe is back.
Where did you get the pin striping?
Old 09-22-2015, 01:48 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
pin striping available

http://www.vinylstriping.com/
Old 09-22-2015, 02:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

@mikeg205 So there's no way to match stock striping?
Old 09-22-2015, 05:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Tristar 190 Sport (Closed Bow), 351W w/ GT-40's
Vinyl striping

Another source (link below) that might have what you're looking for. Really only a couple manufacturers of vinyl, 3M and Avery/Dennison. They seem to have more metallics on their color chart.

When I restriped mine, I got the sample chart which contains physical samples (not printed) in order to see exactly the colors as I was actually trying to match the 'MasterCraft' on the sides. Stripeman Graphix is local to me so just had to pick it up. I'm sure you can order samples from either. Their prices seem a bit higher though.

I was using the double stripe tape. Don't see that on the first source but feel certain there would be a way to order it.
http://www.stripeman.com/
Old 09-23-2015, 12:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyOrange88 View Post
Another source (link below) that might have what you're looking for. Really only a couple manufacturers of vinyl, 3M and Avery/Dennison. They seem to have more metallics on their color chart.

When I restriped mine, I got the sample chart which contains physical samples (not printed) in order to see exactly the colors as I was actually trying to match the 'MasterCraft' on the sides. Stripeman Graphix is local to me so just had to pick it up. I'm sure you can order samples from either. Their prices seem a bit higher though.

I was using the double stripe tape. Don't see that on the first source but feel certain there would be a way to order it.
http://www.stripeman.com/
I was referring to the way the stripes get bigger as it swoops down toward the stern of the boat.