Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2018, 08:51 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 X23 6000GDI (previous boat was 2014 X25) (4 other boats prior, but none MC)
Send a message via Skype™ to Loewen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZX46OD View Post
Are you referring to the new Star? "Looks not appealing to a large chunk of the market?" That's the first I've heard of that. I whole-heartedly disagree. I feel like its an upgrade in many ways. The X23 is a beautiful boat but I've never wanted to own one simply because there is very little storage for such a big boat.
I wholeheartedly agree with Wallnut's post and much prefer the looks and interior (rear loungers) and exterior (rough water ride capability) of the X23 over the Xstar. Plus, with all the different wake boats we've been on, we are 100% content with the surf AND wakeboard wave/wake of the 23. I don't feel like there's any "step up" going to another boat. We're there! Will be foolish if they do away with the 23.

As for the storage, we moved from a X25 to the X23 and it seems to me like there is considerably more storage in the 23. More than we need, which is exactly what I was looking for in a boat. The 25 was tight.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:34 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
Old timers talking bout how much things use to cost....
ya..its a sickness! I'm doomed to always compare relative value on quickly depreciating assets! @ $150k, the secondary is looking very attractive, especially as I havent seen anything I'd consider groundbreaking technology improvements in 4-5yrs from the industry.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 x-30, 6.2, gen2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallos View Post
No way that wave replaces X23. More likely X24 is just new X46. May not be taking orders on X23 because it is getting upgrade with price increase.
This was posted on Stancraft's IG. I am sure the "new" boat they are referring to is the X24. The wave looks pretty decent to me!
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2018, 12:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacmikes View Post
This was posted on Stancraft's IG. I am sure the "new" boat they are referring to is the X24. The wave looks pretty decent to me!
The port side wave is always good. I want to see pictures of the starboard wave. That's when you know if the boat is legit or not IMO.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X20 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacmikes View Post
Cool. Getting challenged for questioning and supporting X23.

That wave does look nice if it is X24. The wave in MC video was decent just nothing to scrap one of the best surf boats on market. My hope (and fear as a new X20 owner) is that MC comes out with a new line of surf boats that produce a much larger wave. X20 is 1st "hull designed to surf". So someday will it be like an X1 compared to later bigger wake boats? I know most are satisfied with current wave size but chest high wave will be a game changer. New Star is getting there.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X46 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loewen View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with Wallnut's post and much prefer the looks and interior (rear loungers) and exterior (rough water ride capability) of the X23 over the Xstar. Plus, with all the different wake boats we've been on, we are 100% content with the surf AND wakeboard wave/wake of the 23. I don't feel like there's any "step up" going to another boat. We're there! Will be foolish if they do away with the 23.

As for the storage, we moved from a X25 to the X23 and it seems to me like there is considerably more storage in the 23. More than we need, which is exactly what I was looking for in a boat. The 25 was tight.
I'm glad you like your X23. Its a great boat. A top seller for a reason. I'm not surprised it has better storage than an X25. The X23 is deeper and longer.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 x-30, 6.2, gen2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallos View Post
Cool. Getting challenged for questioning and supporting X23.

That wave does look nice if it is X24. The wave in MC video was decent just nothing to scrap one of the best surf boats on market. My hope (and fear as a new X20 owner) is that MC comes out with a new line of surf boats that produce a much larger wave. X20 is 1st "hull designed to surf". So someday will it be like an X1 compared to later bigger wake boats? I know most are satisfied with current wave size but chest high wave will be a game changer. New Star is getting there.
X23 is my favorite surf wave on any boat that I have surfed, including the Star and G23.
Maybe I misinterpreted your comment, I gathered that you were saying the wave didn't look very good on the X24, so I was just saying that it looks pretty good to me.

I'm not challenging the merits of the X23.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:07 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 X-45
I have had the X-45 since 2013... Just sold it. Tons and tons of storage! That is the single reason I didn't get an X23, that I was planning to get... I sure hope this "X24" has good storage. I don't like the bags in the back lockers, takes up my life jacket area. I hope it only has hard ballasts below in the bilge area...
Old 06-19-2018, 07:44 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
X23 is the best selling MC today. My local dealer says 95% of MC's sold are because of surfing.

This model was introduced in 2015 so that makes three years of production. What other boat has Mastercraft had in the past that was their best seller and they did away with it after three years? This thread doesn't make sense.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:03 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
X23 is the best selling MC today. My local dealer says 95% of MC's sold are because of surfing.

This model was introduced in 2015 so that makes three years of production. What other boat has Mastercraft had in the past that was their best seller and they did away with it after three years? This thread doesn't make sense.
I agree with you here. I could see them adding the X24, but its really hard to see them getting rid of the X23.

Only time will tell.