Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 06-11-2018, 08:48 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-Series MCX
Wiring Radio to Acc Switch on Dash

I want to get my radio off of the key switch and onto the Accessory switch on the dash to the left of the wheel on my 03 X Series (205v variant). Sound like a pretty easy thing to do. All except for getting a wire from the switch to the radio.

Is there already an Acc. circuit at teh observers seat by chance? Or can i intercept the current radio power line from the key switch? What is the color of the key switch radio wire?
Old 06-11-2018, 09:23 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: pontoon
If the radio is already on the IGN key switch, your wire to the radio is already under the helm.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1997 Prostar 190 LT1 with PS
I realize you have probably completed your mod already, but ask why the switch... I recently was considering the same thing and was steered to a power relay to handle the radio power off problem I had at engine startup. Not sure if that is what you want for an end result, just thought I would make you aware of the relay if you have not seen it. Hope you got it sorted one way or the other.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=85899

Grip