Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 05-09-2016, 09:54 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft 197
tommurtha sent me the troubleshooting guide for my unit, I'll go through it tonight and post up my findings. When I read voltage in this was with the engine off. I'll check with it running as well.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:48 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, TT 197, 2002, 5.7L
My Gauge face is cracked on several gauges one being the Speedo (which doesn't work now). I have the Original Gauge from where PerfectPass was installed. Its a Primary so I'm guessing from what I've read the one that is broke is a Secondary. Are they interchangeable?
Old 05-10-2016, 01:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilavender View Post
I am having the same trouble with my 02 TT. Everything works but the Speedo. Last time I took it out, the guages were fogging and the next thing I knew the glass cracked on all of them and the Speedo quit. Do you mind sending me the troubleshoot guide? [email protected]
I have the same issues with my gauges on my 02 197 (non TT). All work but the speedo, which is cracked. None of the other gauges are cracked. So what I get from your post is all of the seals on your gauges failed around the same time, then moisture penetrated and crack the lenses? Is this common? That really sucks, and I hope it doesn't happen to me. With my luck I'm going to discover all of the gauges to be cracked once I get to the boat for the first time this year.

These gauges seem to always cause trouble. If another one goes I'm going to delete the MDC and replace the gauges with more robust ones.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft 197
Yea I bit the bullet today and ordered all new Faria gauges. I'm done with this medallion bs. So in saying that I have some stuff for sale. I have black face gauges and I know for sure that the fuel gauge and volt gauge work. I also have a black face analog clock. The MDC also passed all test on the troubleshoot guide. I'll sell all gauges and mdc if anyone wants them.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:52 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpollz View Post
I have the same issues with my gauges on my 02 197 (non TT). All work but the speedo, which is cracked. None of the other gauges are cracked. So what I get from your post is all of the seals on your gauges failed around the same time, then moisture penetrated and crack the lenses? Is this common? That really sucks, and I hope it doesn't happen to me. With my luck I'm going to discover all of the gauges to be cracked once I get to the boat for the first time this year.

These gauges seem to always cause trouble. If another one goes I'm going to delete the MDC and replace the gauges with more robust ones.
From what I've read, it is common. I wanted to cry when I got back in the boat and saw them. Before I took the boat out that day I rinsed off the boat, and the dash, with the water hose. Looking back, that's probably where I messed up. From now on I will just wipe it down with a damp rag
Old 05-10-2016, 05:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 197 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilavender View Post
My Gauge face is cracked on several gauges one being the Speedo (which doesn't work now). I have the Original Gauge from where PerfectPass was installed. Its a Primary so I'm guessing from what I've read the one that is broke is a Secondary. Are they interchangeable?
yes interchangeable primary to secondary,
Old 05-10-2016, 05:59 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 mastercraft maristar
My 2000 maristar is doing the same thing. Most worked last year now they all power up and self test. They stick like my tach is around 5000 with the key on engine off. Temp is pegged. I may not have a bad mcd maybe a bad gauge according to the trouble shooting guide???? Will do some test tonight. Is the engine warning light connected to temp or just oil pressure????
Old 05-10-2016, 06:02 PM
TT Regular

Thanks Tom, I'm going to swap them out when I get some time and see if that fixes it
Old 05-10-2016, 06:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft 197 Pro Tournament Team
Send a message via Yahoo to Fullpass
Blake903 Pm sent for gage set & mdc
Old 05-11-2016, 07:46 AM
TT Regular

Fixed my Speedo last night. I took apart the Paddlewheel connector and it was corroded. Sprayed it with contact cleaner and got it back going. I just need to try it in the water now!