Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-06-2013, 01:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
It does work without a pump...already had this done on a buddy's boat.

Put boat in neutral, pull out the little silver knob below the shifter to disengage the trans, increase the rpms a little bit and it works.

No pump for me.
That's cool. But for $60 you wouldn't need to pull out the little silver knob and you woild prob have better flow. That and wouldn't have to deal with twice the noise and CO2 being spit out the back while using your shower.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
That's cool. But for $60 you wouldn't need to pull out the little silver knob and you woild prob have better flow. That and wouldn't have to deal with twice the noise and CO2 being spit out the back while using your shower.
Agree...$60 is not too bad overall but just one more thing to add to my to-do list that I do not want to-do!

The water flow actually from the home made version compared to the real kit was actually better...the pump can only go so fast and did not seem too forceful. I only have used 2 showers on MCs that had the pump and my first reaction was not all that high.

Nothing wrong with a little co2 in the am... not like the shower would actually used more than someone would be wakesurfing...
Old 04-09-2013, 01:46 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MasterCraft maristar 230, 2003, MCX 350HP
Hot/cold mix?

Is anyone concerned with the hot and cold systems being plumbed together without a check valve? When the shower is being used I don't see a problem, but when you close the shower valve then the hot and cold water are head to head and if the cold has more pressure it will run directly into the motor, bypassing the thermostat and keep the engine cold. Thoughts???
Old 04-09-2013, 09:39 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell View Post
Is anyone concerned with the hot and cold systems being plumbed together without a check valve? When the shower is being used I don't see a problem, but when you close the shower valve then the hot and cold water are head to head and if the cold has more pressure it will run directly into the motor, bypassing the thermostat and keep the engine cold. Thoughts???
I agree with you. Depending on your shower design and mixing valve used you could certainly have some goofy water flows. I'm positive my heater performance suffered when I put my improvised shower in, so that's the reason I installed my check valves. Heater works good again.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 05 xstar 8.1
Update on this. I tore apart the pump that stopped working and polished up all the electrical internals and put some powershot on it all and it is moving a TON of water again and has amazing pressure. This pump hasnt worked since the day i got the boat so im excited to see how it works when i get it on the boat. My hot water source is the right side drain for the block. Is that a good source for the hot water? It seems like it was a very low pressure place to be taking water from.